What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BK3 flaming speaker lights (was: Trying to understand speaker light kits)

Amazing. So I'm guessing the mode interface can also be queried to find current state?

Right, fixed the code to run separate simulations so the effect isn't symmetrical anymore. Updated the previous post with that. Definitely looks nicer in my opinion.

Note that the code outputs a separate effect on the D4 pin, I just haven't wired it atm (mainly because it wouldn't be as neat). But doing so would give each speaker its own effect (right now both speakers are the same).

Attachments

• VID2.mp4
    16.2 MB
Late last night I got it working where the colour palette changes based on which mode is running, matching the monster's colour :cool:

Will post a video when I get the chance, also need to write something up so others can replicate it. The hardware setup is a bit of a pain due to the mismatched UART voltages.

Right, fixed the code to run separate simulations so the effect isn't symmetrical anymore. Updated the previous post with that. Definitely looks nicer in my opinion.

Note that the code outputs a separate effect on the D4 pin, I just haven't wired it atm (mainly because it wouldn't be as neat). But doing so would give each speaker its own effect (right now both speakers are the same).
Very nice - looking forward to seeing the updated video also. Nice work

One thing, I know for sure that Stern are about to change their code system with much more security so what you can do now might not be what you can do in the future!

Neil

One thing, I know for sure that Stern are about to change their code system with much more security so what you can do now might not be what you can do in the future!
Doubt it'll affect existing machines though. They're unlikely to backport their new architecture, and even if they did there's no way to force me to update :)

Good day! Any chance you dumped and saved this information from when still had IMDN? I've got flaming speaker lights on my IMDN and would love to implement this. I saw your other post here https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/spike-debug-console.49678/ but I'm relatively new to this, self taught and I'd prefer not to try to reinvent the wheel. :). Thank you in advance.
Sorry mate I don't have that logged down anywhere. Easiest would be to wire the console up to an interactive session and have a play with it. Or you could do some random mappings in my arduino code and figure it out from trial and error. Good luck! :)

Sorry mate I don't have that logged down anywhere. Easiest would be to wire the console up to an interactive session and have a play with it. Or you could do some random mappings in my arduino code and figure it out from trial and error. Good luck! :)

Moving in the right direction. :)

Mode Lit CanStart Running Complete
------------------------------------------
0 | | Y | | | (SOUL SHARD HURRY UP)
1 | | Y | | | (FEAR OF THE DARK)
2 | | Y | | | (HALLOWED BE THY NAME)
3 | | Y | | | (FLIGHT OF ICARUS)
4 | | Y | | | (ACES HIGH)
5 | | | | | (RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER)
6 | | | | | (RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER)
7 | | Y | | | (RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER)
8 | | Y | | | (CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS)
9 | | Y | | | (RUN TO THE HILLS)
10 | | Y | | | (TROOPER MULTIBALL)
11 | | Y | | | (MUMMY MULTIBALL)
12 | | Y | | | (TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT)
13 | | Y | | | (CYBORG MULTIBALL)
14 | | Y | | | (NUMBER OF THE BEAST)

Back
Top Bottom