What's new

Wanted TRON

The eli ramp fiber kit is not available anymore so any machine that has that mod will certainly command a premium over the others. My kit was £450 ish delivered when the pound to dollar was around 1.6. Tron cab was £250 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've gone for the poor man's light kit as above and it's ok but you can go silly modding this machine so keeping things in proportion though it needs leds and the bikes are a vast improvement. only took me 6 years to get one at the price I wanted to pay as it has become the most sought after Stern

I've gone for the poor man's light kit as above and it's ok but you can go silly modding this machine so keeping things in proportion though it needs leds and the bikes are a vast improvement. only took me 6 years to get one at the price I wanted to pay as it has become the most sought after Stern

It sure has the lasting appeal to those that love combos and stacking multiball modes. Had mine since it was released and still play it every day. With Pinbrowser being able to change the sounds, its beyond epic to play.

Are the ramp fibres discontinued? I know stock fluctuates in and out for such a brilliant and popular mod.

Yes. They are now unobtanium. You can ask Eli (the original creator of the mod) if he plans on doing more here: eli@nuprometheus.com

LE is a beautiful machine. It has silvery outlines on the PF, daft punk multiball, chrome trim, drop down targets and a moving recognizer but the drop down targets are harder to bounce off for the GEM shot, the ramp fibre lights are opaque instead of transparent and much less brighter, and they only have one colour whereas the ELI ramp kit has different colours for each ramp (eg: Blue and yellow for Light cycle multiball). And has much brighter appearance. The chrome trim on the LE makes the game nicer to look at, but will need more cleaning of finger prints. That said, i'd have them both!

TRON Pro Standard: £3500-£4000
TRON Pro modded: £3750-£6000 (mod dependent)
TRON LE: £7000-£infinity

Last edited:
the ramp fibre lights are opaque instead of transparent and much less brighter, and they only have one colour whereas the ELI ramp kit has different colours for each ramp

Are you talking about the LE factory ramp fibres? They change colour dependant on mode.

I should have said that the LE's ramps do not light independently (its only one colour for both ramps)

The Eli ramp kit has the ability to run one ramp blue and the other yellow at the same time. which it does during light cycle multiball. It also has several different shades of colours when compared to the LE's.

I should have said that the LE's ramps do not light independently (its only one colour for both ramps)

The Eli ramp kit has the ability to run one ramp blue and the other yellow at the same time. which it does during light cycle multiball. It also has several different shades of colours when compared to the LE's.

Oh that's cool, funny that! Looking under the LE each ramp fibre kit is run off an independant box so you'd think they can be different colours - perhaps the programming that runs them just doesn't have it in.

There is talk on pinside of people wanting to get the Eli kit working on the LE. Maybe one day Eli will update the code to allow it? I'm sure Stern could make it happen on the standard LE with a code update, but it would mean sweet FA for them in terms of profit.

I'd call Pam at pinbits for confirmation that they are unobtainium, I called her a while ago when hunting and she had more coming in but won't put them up on the website until tested and in stock but she was as helpful as could be and hooked me up when they came in...

Back
Top Bottom