What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tron 2023!

Apparently improved Tron vault happening- K said 100% definite
He’s just going off what Gomez said on podcast yesterday/today, Gomez also referenced Tron in the same sentence talking about Vaults, yet the other rumour is a new Tron with hand drawn artwork not tied to a movie.

I just hope they get daft punk involved because it was their soundtrack/music that elevated a good game into a great game. Thiel also had a lot to do with the sound of the game making original tracks in the same style as Daft Punks work.

Tron doesn't need a vault. It's awesome as it is.
It’s all off the back of Gomez on the recent interviews he’s done. He talks about Spike3 and vaults.

Basically LOTR is the most in demand but the licence is likely the roadblock their plus it’s 2 or 3 hardware revisions back now, Tron is also in demand and alot of the Stern guys would like to do a Tron vault (although the rumour of a new Tron with hand drawn art is floating about) lastly Ghostbusters is another that could be possible.

Basically LOTR is the most in demand but the licence is likely the roadblock
I can see, LOTR being vaulted/ remade. As you say massive demand and I’ve read rumours of another film plus they really do seem to be wringing any franchise for all that it’s worth these days . Probably due to lack of imagination.
But a new LOTR’s really does get my juices flowing 🙂

A new Tron with custom art from yeti or Martinez, UV artwork/kit, upgraded lit ramps as that tech has got way better by now, plus expression lights and daft punk on music would be way more interesting than a vault.
Yeah for sure.... i would be happy to see this, based on the 2010 legacy movie as the music and vibe are so cool.
But then there will surely be loads of peeps kicking off who own an LE.
Guess they would feel shafted.
I hope its not based on the new movie as the cast has been changed.
No Quorra or Gem

Yeah for sure.... i would be happy to see this, based on the 2010 legacy movie as the music and vibe are so cool.
But then there will surely be loads of peeps kicking off who own an LE.
Guess they would feel shafted.
I hope its not based on the new movie as the cast has been changed.
No Quorra or Gem
No Quorra and Gem is a big negative, not to mention I wouldn’t buy a pin with Jared Letos mug on it, the guys a hack.

I can see, LOTR being vaulted/ remade. As you say massive demand and I’ve read rumours of another film plus they really do seem to be wringing any franchise for all that it’s worth these days . Probably due to lack of imagination.
But a new LOTR’s really does get my juices flowing 🙂
No chance, it cost Amazon a gizillion for the licence to do the TV show. The only possibility is if Warners wants free marketing because they have a new trilogy coming out, but there alot in of likenesses on that game. Refer to the original back to the future to understand the difficulties in getting actors to sign off. Tron I could see due to the new one, the theme would translate and they could base it on the cartoon that came out at the same time, Ghostbusters, it's all comic book style with Ghostbusters and spike 1 so there half way there, the node boards are already compatible, Ghostbusters licensors licence everything, from Playmobil to toothbrushes 🤣 if Dan has any control 🤭

I would really doubt it - the amount of work needed for the LCD screen would be a nightmare.

Also all the sound would have to be upgraded bit-rate wise.
Never thought about the sound, i forget the earlier machines sound was highly compressed. Although Ghostbusters with pinsound speakers is pretty clear, you can pick up the stereo
I'm guessing it's in a different language, yeh the more I think about it the harder it would be to convert the screen, you would basically have to start again, perhaps all the flipper gap ho ha would also put them off. Probably Wouldnt be worth the return on investment. Although the us market is different, I think the three are pretty popular. Ghostbusters regardless of what pin heads think, non pinball people absolutely love it. Mine was the most liked and the only one people where interested at a charity thing I did and we had JJ guns, twighlight zone and foo fighters. Unsurprisingly twighlight zone every one hated and was rarely played. It is very inaccessible to a non pinball person, especially as any one under 30 would unlikely have heard of the twighlight zone let alone have any attachments to playing it in an arcade.

Anyone fancy a modded LE, pm me?
Yes but at this time I definitely can't afford it. Good luck it's pretty great, played one briefly on sat for the first time. The last time I played a Tron was on release in a snooker hall.

Never thought about the sound, i forget the earlier machines sound was highly compressed. Although Ghostbusters with pinsound speakers is pretty clear, you can pick up the stereo
I'm guessing it's in a different language, yeh the more I think about it the harder it would be to convert the screen, you would basically have to start again, perhaps all the flipper gap ho ha would also put them off. Probably Wouldnt be worth the return on investment. Although the us market is different, I think the three are pretty popular. Ghostbusters regardless of what pin heads think, non pinball people absolutely love it. Mine was the most liked and the only one people where interested at a charity thing I did and we had JJ guns, twighlight zone and foo fighters. Unsurprisingly twighlight zone every one hated and was rarely played. It is very inaccessible to a non pinball person, especially as any one under 30 would unlikely have heard of the twighlight zone let alone have any attachments to playing it in an arcade.
Ghostbusters is Spike 1 bud - same audio system on present Stern games.

They would have to also port it to the node board system. They do not make the other boards now - unless they have a thousand on a shelf in stores.

If people are going on about new art, new graphics, new sound (also need to match what is going on the screen) etc then it wont really be a vault. It will be a new game! Seems like too much work to me, it is probably not far off what it would take a new game to get it into production. From memory as well when they did a vault version of Spiderman they did a lot with the 'dots' and code (you can not run vault code on an original spiderman game as the board does have enough memory). Also Spiderman had some more switches on it.

Ghostbusters is Spike 1 bud - same audio system on present Stern games.

They would have to also port it to the node board system. They do not make the other boards now - unless they have a thousand on a shelf in stores.

If people are going on about new art, new graphics, new sound (also need to match what is going on the screen) etc then it wont really be a vault. It will be a new game! Seems like too much work to me, it is probably not far off what it would take a new game to get it into production. From memory as well when they did a vault version of Spiderman they did a lot with the 'dots' and code (you can not run vault code on an original spiderman game as the board does have enough memory). Also Spiderman had some more switches on it.
Thanks, I wasn't sure about the sound

Would they, curious, I've had to replace both node boards on my Ghostbusters the only ones available where spike 2 node boards and it just worked. That lead me to believe it's basically the same underneath, so my thinking was the screen element perhaps wouldn't be that difficult.
Perhaps the CPU running the code is slightly different, interesting, logic for me would say node 2 boards shouldn't run on spike 1 unless the underlying architecture is the same. I can see there would be work involved matching the screen. The modes hower are basically movie clips, without the clips with graphics representing the clip.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about the sound

Would they, curious, I've had to replace both node boards on my Ghostbusters the only ones available where spike 2 node boards and it just worked. That lead me to believe it's basically the same underneath, so my thinking was the screen element perhaps wouldn't be that difficult.
Perhaps the CPU running the code is slightly different, interesting, logic for me would say node 2 boards shouldn't run on spike 1 unless the underlying architecture is the same. I can see there would be work involved matching the screen. The modes hower are basically movie clips, without the clips with graphics representing the clip.

I thought node boards were designed to be backwards compatible, i.e. the new ones will work with Spike 1 and 2, but the older ones will only work on Spike 1.

I thought node boards were designed to be backwards compatible, i.e. the new ones will work with Spike 1 and 2, but the older ones will only work on Spike 1.
Yep, ah I see what the issue would be I'm thinking about the wrong way, Ghostbusters on spike 1 wouldn't understand spike 2 architecture. Yep there would be alot of work.🤭🙄

If people are going on about new art, new graphics, new sound (also need to match what is going on the screen) etc then it wont really be a vault. It will be a new game!
Good point, I could see them doing a new game with a reused playfield as Tron: Uprising (or whatever the new film is now called)

I would really doubt it - the amount of work needed for the LCD screen would be a nightmare.

Also all the sound would have to be upgraded bit-rate wise.
Stern have several teams producing their LCD assets now and there is no way someone like Thiel doesn’t have masters of his audio work for the game before it was compressed.

Audio and visual art doesn't make a good story. It's terrible.

The pinball on the other hand is outstanding!

The Daft Punk Soundtrack is top notch.

It’s a better story than the original , also what about Olivia Wilde that’s enough to make it a 10/10
Found the pin to be a total disappointment, tried the pro two times and the LE twice as wel l so it’s not like I haven’t given it a good shout 😂😂
But glad you like it and it’s keeping my old tron video company

Back
Top Bottom