What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transporting Pinball in USA (San Francisco to Long Beach CA)

joshmc

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for accepting my request to join! I'm 45 and have a 'thing' for Bally machines. About 30 years ago, my parents bought me a Bally Playboy. As you can imagine, it was awesome as a 14-15 year old to have one of these. Back then it probably cost about $1,000. My father and I rehauled the thing and sold it (massive regret). Anyway, I've been trying to get my hands on one and despite my best efforts, I've come up short.

Good news is that I've located a couple of other Bally's that looks pretty awesome. One is in San Francisco which means I'll need to organise packaging and support for it to be delivered to the Int'l Courier's base in Long Beach CA.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could recommend a good mover. I've had one referral to a company called Beltmann, however they havent returned my call as yet. If anyone can recommend a decent moving company to transport some precious cargo, I would be most grateful.

Thank you ! Josh

You know that this sites members are predominantly from UK, right? Now I'm not saying you won't get any help but the pool of knowledge on US couriers isn't going to be as vast as a site with predominantly US based members.

All the best on your search.

I'd be confident you'd get a better deal with less aggravation and risk buying in your own country.
Try posting a wanted list here and be sure to include your location.

Check out this guy on Facebook.

I have no major issue with sourcing something in Australia other than the fact that the prices here are bordering on what I would call 'ridiculous'. But, it's a free market and as the old saying goes: something is only worth as much as someone will pay. That said I can land a decent pinball in Australia from the US for $2-3K less than what I would pay for it in OZ. Yes, there are risks, but nothing worth doing ever came without (calculated) risks

Back
Top Bottom