What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transporter the rescue

Dumb888

Registered
Hi all. Have had a Bally transporter for 15 ish years. Never been a problem in that time but recently. Has a mind of its own. Pop bumpers bang away on there own score jumps and game sounds and speech seem to not catch up at certain times. Also keep getting pinball missing and game just stop !!
Have tinkered with pinballs for years but mainly prefer ems and this has me beat !! Any help much appreciated !

When did you last change the batteries? Check for leakage and damage around the battery holder 👍

Unusual for the ROMs to go bad but worth checking the legs for corrosion/oxidation. Try reseating connectors a few times and see if that changes anything 👍

I have this machine and am happy to help if I can.

Has anything changed ? Have you swapped something out ? Has it been in a damp environment ? Have you moved it ? Have you folded the backbox down ?

These games tend to behave until something changes - movement/ battery corrosion/ metal corrosion/ solder splat drops and shorts something/ mechanical part works loose and shorts something

@pinballmania is the gospel on System 11s

If nothing has changed, I would start by reseating connectors and checking voltages on the touching points

I have this machine and am happy to help if I can.

Has anything changed ? Have you swapped something out ? Has it been in a damp environment ? Have you moved it ? Have you folded the backbox down ?

These games tend to behave until something changes - movement/ battery corrosion/ metal corrosion/ solder splat drops and shorts something/ mechanical part works loose and shorts something

@pinballmania is the gospel on System 11s

If nothing has changed, I would start by reseating connectors and checking voltages on the touching points
Hi. It has been moved but only across gamesroom. Will check all connectors in week and many thanks for help.

Back
Top Bottom