What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transport standard or widebody pin in Golf MK6

2huwman

Site Supporter
Just wondering if a Golf MK6 is big enough to transport a standard or wideboy pin? I want to make my first purchase but Martin doesn't deliver over to the Isle of Wight, so the easiest way would be for me to take my car over and pick it up myself.

Have had a search around and it seems like a standard pin probably would fit - is that right? Has anyone done it? I'd ideally like a ST:TNG, so wanted to check if the widebody pins would fit. Thanks for any advice!

I've transported many pins in my vw polo over the years, obviously with the head off. However I recently discovered that the new model doesn't fit one because the rear seat bases can't be removed unlike previous generations.

If you can remove the seat bases in your golf to make a flat floor in the back and you're comfortable with removing the head then I'm 95% sure you'll be able to fit a game in.

Bear in mind the risk though, as if you have any sort of car accident above a minor bump with a pin in their with you the likelihood of getting squished is quite high!

Thanks guys - yes, the rear seats do completely flatten down so should fit with the head removed. I used to have a Citroen grand pic which would probably have fit 2 in! Sadly it's long gone. But I might go with the rental option anyway. Thanks again.

Fwiw, I fit 80's pins and EMs (both head off) in my Golf Mk 5 pretty easy :thumbs: I agree with above though, cheap van rental is a good option:thumbs:

Remember and take a pen and some blank stickers if you’re taking the head off so you can label up the cables to make it easier to put back together.

Back
Top Bottom