What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transformer buzz.

Andy_B

Registered
I have an early BK with Sys 6 PSU and transformer in the head.

Out of nowhere the transformer has started to buzz. It's not horrendous but is quite annoying. Probably a bit too loud to put up with if you're in the same room.

Is this likely to be something I can address or once they start is it something you have to put up with?

Thanks

Andy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have an early BK with Sys 6 PSU and transformer in the head.

Out of nowhere the transformer has started to buzz. It's not horrendous but is quite annoying. Probably a bit too loud to put up with if you're in the same room.

Is this likely to be something I can address or once they start is it something you have to put up with?

Thanks

Andy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
My BOP has a noisy transformer as well. I wondered the same. Does it mean it's on its way out or something?

Someone is going to suggest hitting something with a hammer I reckon (albeit rubber)... Not going to be me though.

Make sure all the big screws that go thru the transformer are nice and tight.

I have in the past put them on shock rubber mounts.

Yes the hammer CAN work but at your own risk.

Or if you are feeling advernturous then you can 'pot' the transformer but that is not for the begineer.

Back
Top Bottom