What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tournament Mode?

Tidy Technician

Registered
Hi Guys,

I am having a house party tomorrow, was going to have a my theatre of magic, and flintstones on free play.

some friends asked if we could have a pot, everyone puts a £1 in, the highest scorer will win the pot.... sounded like a good bit of fun...

Then i got wondering about tournament mode... can anyone tell me what this mode does, would it be helpful ??

thanks for your replies in advance :)

It levels the game out to make it more fair for tournaments.

The function is different by game, but lets say that you have a mystery feature or random award on the game, and player 1 gets 1 million on their first mystery award. Players 2,3,4 etc will also get the same 1 million on their mystery award.

Other features such as progressive jackpots may be set to a fixed value and so on.

I'm fairly sure some games still require you to set extra balls to zero, as well as tournament mode, tournament mode is mostly for levelling the features.

As above, many games will "award" the extra ball, even though you don't get the extra ball, BUT most will give you points instead :)

This doesn't work on the random "Cousin IT" mansion awards in TAF collecters edition ROMs does it?

I had a feeling you needed to install a different ROM for that one.

Why are the tournament game prices on the stern cards more expensive than standard games?

Why are the tournament game prices on the stern cards more expensive than standard games?

Because some money needs to go into the prize pool for the tournament. If it was the same price as a normal game then the op would lose money :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom