What's new

Toughest shots in pinball?

Gem shot is best done from the very tip of the right flipper into the target bank (pro). With practice, it can be done quite consistently.

Cheers for this, I'll try it out later. Apparently the shot is a fair bit easier if the randomiser is down. Also if you give it a nudge to get it off the orbit wall.

Starting Rescue Multiball on WOZ. So many shots to complete before you even get a chance of starting it. And of course when you do start, it's Multidrain.

How so? It’s purely down to accuracy, a slightly off centre to the right from the left flipper nails it but you don’t have time to line it up.
More so that because it is such a ludicrously long, small shot that requires a curve, and the fact that you have to shoot it from a live inline feed, means that it's probably not possible to practice that shot. Any slight change in surface dynamics, ball surface, ball guides, flipper rubber, the slam ramp, ball spin etc. results in a serious shot deviation.

Despite my tone in that description however, I can't think of a more ideal gimmick for a golf-theme game. NGG is a game I would love a lot more without the bloody gophers, but it's a bloody brilliantly designed table.

Loading balls into the Atom Smasher on Strange Science shot. When you have done a few, knocking them back out again before you have all five in there becomes the easiest shot in pinball (The one you don't want is always the easiest).

The saucer on banzai run
That is one of my favourite shots in Pinball. Just as the counter for Instant Rematch is getting to zero, the ball comes down the left inlane and ‘pow’, straight between the pops and into the hole. Superb.

Back
Top Bottom