What's new

touching up playfield and lacquering

lozpeters

Registered
Hi all,

in the process of cleaning up my m&mp. i will set up a shop log soon but i have a question to ask about playfield touch up while i am i cleaning off all the glue from the mylar!!

there are a few places where the paint has worn off on the PF, i want to touch these bits up, i tested some acrylic paint i puchased on the weekend on a small black area, when the paint dries it is a matt black so is obvious, i wanted to gloss spray or paint over some acrylic lacquer to give it shine and protect when i wax.

After reading posts on the internet i am now confused about what to use over touched up bits that wont damage the lacquered pf what are peoples sugestions? or should i get gloss acrylic/enammel paint??

heres some pictures of what ime trying to fix
i204.photobucket.com_albums_bb227_lozpeters_Mr_20and_20Mrs_20pac_man_20140123_215257.jpg

need to fix a previous owners touch-up attempts!!
i204.photobucket.com_albums_bb227_lozpeters_Mr_20and_20Mrs_20pac_man_20140123_215330.jpg

cheers
loz

I've been airbrushing matt acrylics onto a playfield, but this is only because I intend to clearcoat it later. Acrylics just won't last if you don't put some protection over them

If you only intend to hand brush and do small spot touch ups, then enamel is a better choice

All in my very humble and non-expert opinion of course

Back
Top Bottom