What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold TOTAN

shaunyboy

Registered
time to pass my TOTAN on.
plays as it should,has some wear around the magnets and orb hole(see pics).
the playield wear doesn't effect gameplay,it plays fast and does what it's supposed to do.
cabinet has some marks around it.
machine has led's .
dmd has a bit at the top that is staying dark(only just started doing it)(see pic)
also included in the sale is a full insert decal set incase the next owner wants to restore the playfield.
any questions or if you need pictures of anything on the machine just ask.
cheers,
shaun.

looking for £3500 firm

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_002_zps5mfxgfhu.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_003_zps3gykhkt9.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_004_zpsu11weuee.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_005_zpsyeyrrcou.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_009_zps27n378wf.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_006_zpsxpxyx3bf.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_007_zps6x3z645z.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_008_zpsor78xilo.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_016_zps0xjdnpse.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_010_zpsc2imzgbg.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_011_zpsp8jpi188.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_012_zps4yulexdo.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_013_zps4bxigysu.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_014_zpshw3trkb9.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_0803_cuzzer69_TOTAN_017_zpsexayhmbj.jpg

i know steve,it is a cool game and they don't come up very often.
but it's another one ticked off on a long list of pins i need to own one day.
i've still got a TAF to play and i'm starting on BOP this weekend.

I think 3.5 for a TOTAN is pretty much where current prices are. They simply don't come up that often (although so saying there's now been 3 on here in the last 6 months, but I can't remember one before that - maybe a TOTANr is in the works? It doesn't have the same licence issues as say MBr). CV seem to come up more than that, but maybe it's just my impression. Even the most common of games now are more of an effort to find. There used to be a Demo Man on ebay every week a couple of years ago, now people are hanging onto them. Same with IJ. A sub 1k game when I first started looking, now 3-4k:eek:

I would put the prices at a similar level. I've seen ropey CVs sell for £3k, nice ones for £4.5k over the last year or two

Its like anything really, There worth what people are willing to pay. Pretty sure nobody would pay £X simply because a website somewhere says "this game is the third best game ever made!!"

I prefer TOTAN to CV but value wise I think on a par. would swap a surplus TOTAN for CV (not that I have a spare TOTAN "lying around")

i could have sold it 4 times at that price.
exactly. it was a great price, these go for 4K usually so someone got a bargain as all the minor cosmetic fixes needed could be done easily and relatively cheap - remember this is not only an all-time top 5 rated game but also there was a limited number of only around 3000 of them made.

combine popularity with rarity and most games will find their place in the pecking order: CV gets rated lower but fewer, just 2700 made, which probably goes a way to explain their similar prices. try getting an AFM for less than 4K, another top 5 game, only 3400 made, MB the same, 3400 made. TAFs and TZs both go for 3K now and there's 21,000 and 15,000 of them out there, respectively. TOTAN has found its natural price in the marketplace i reckon.

maybe someone can do a matrix pricing thing based on average popularity vs average prices, see what games are still underpriced and which ones are a bubble about to pop? not me, i haven't the tech or the maths skills.

I remember that and think the timing was just unlucky - we're a small community and all the guys with cash either had an AFM already or had cash tied up in NIBs. I bet if you'd had time to wait then it woulda gone to 4K easy.

£3750 for an AFM was a great deal. I think I paid £4250 for mine a 3 years ago. I think it's one of the few machines that have dropped slightly in value but £4k seems about right for one. For me it's better than MM. It'll be interesting to see what a remake will do to the value of the originals.

Back
Top Bottom