What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totan light problems

John Beckenham

Registered
Few weeks ago I posted problem with General lights all out i back box on our TOTAN, I had thought the problem was with the driver main board, so sent it to Pinball mania, he connected it one of his games and it works fine lighting up his back box, so its suggested I check the connectors coming from the board for the lights J105. I have tried this and reset the wires on the connecter with the correct tool but to no avail. So I am checking all the connecters for bad connection and J106 is not very good ie bad connection causing lights on playfield to work only if its half way off the pins. Resetting all connections on the main board has no effect, so treid others and as I moved a ribbon cable from the CPU board(not sure this actually triggered anything)...suddenly the back box lights all came on, 1st time for a long while(so connection to back box is ok), tried a game but the machine has gone into reset, ie dies, re starts, soon as it starts to light up it dies. All connectors were carefully put back on their pins correctly...but I am baffled as to where to go with this now. Could it be all the connecter/pins need a clean with elec spray and brush? what would you use to clean inside the connecters? what would cause the resetting?

Any ideas please.
Cheers

Check the connectors on the transformer - the molex connector with all the yellow wires going in. That is the GI circuits.

Also check with a multimeter on AC that you have 6-8v ac on that connector.

If your game is resetting it could be a bad diode - they either go open circuit or short. Short blows a fuse. Open causes issues.

Check voltages on test points.

Back
Top Bottom