What's new

totally off topic electronics question

cooldan

i like pizza
hi guys

i want to make my telephone landline speaker louder;

in my job i have a lot of teleconferences - like 2 or 3 every day - so i need a phone with speaker function. they gave me a work iphone but iphones are great as toys but sh1t as phones, it kept dropping the call and i started getting comments from my boss about it. so i bought a home phone with speaker (luckily there's a UK freephone number most of the time) - it's a cheap BT thing called BT2000 trio apparently.

anyway it has a speaker but it's too ****ing quiet. when the softly spoken guys start rambling i have to pick the thing up and hold it up to my ear which makes the speaker pointless. so my question is this - is it possible to open this thing up and solder on some more powerful speaker? i don't care if it destroys the phone, as there's three handsets so one could be permanently modded as my office speakerphone. the only speaker is on the back of the handset. i can take a pic if it helps but i can't open it up right now as i'm in a TC as i write this.

possible? easy? do-able?
assuming it's possible, would someone either walk me through it or let me post a handset to them to do it for me? i'm happy to pay of course.

In all seriousness, does it have a headset jack? It would still be hands free, you'd just have to put the phone in your pocket.

I got fed up with non-professional quality speakerphones working at home in the end. Apart from being too quiet, they also often aren't duplex, so only one person can talk at once. I ended up convincing work to get me a proper one ...polycom I think it was. It cost a few hundred quid, which sounds a lot until I pointed out our digital phones in the office were about 1k each..
I could take a **** in my downstairs loo, and still hear the phone conversations from my home office no problem.

I got fed up with non-professional quality speakerphones working at home in the end. Apart from being too quiet, they also often aren't duplex, so only one person can talk at once. I ended up convincing work to get me a proper one ...polycom I think it was. It cost a few hundred quid, which sounds a lot until I pointed out our digital phones in the office were about 1k each..
I could take a **** in my downstairs loo, and still hear the phone conversations from my home office no problem.

Lol you clearly have done that

thanks for that, jay-tee-dot. i like the first link much better than the second one though.

so is that 'duplex' then? and nice and loud?
and is my idea of soldering on a speaker to the home phone handset a total dud?

Back
Top Bottom