What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

totally off topic electronics question

cooldan

i like pizza
hi guys

i want to make my telephone landline speaker louder;

in my job i have a lot of teleconferences - like 2 or 3 every day - so i need a phone with speaker function. they gave me a work iphone but iphones are great as toys but sh1t as phones, it kept dropping the call and i started getting comments from my boss about it. so i bought a home phone with speaker (luckily there's a UK freephone number most of the time) - it's a cheap BT thing called BT2000 trio apparently.

anyway it has a speaker but it's too ****ing quiet. when the softly spoken guys start rambling i have to pick the thing up and hold it up to my ear which makes the speaker pointless. so my question is this - is it possible to open this thing up and solder on some more powerful speaker? i don't care if it destroys the phone, as there's three handsets so one could be permanently modded as my office speakerphone. the only speaker is on the back of the handset. i can take a pic if it helps but i can't open it up right now as i'm in a TC as i write this.

possible? easy? do-able?
assuming it's possible, would someone either walk me through it or let me post a handset to them to do it for me? i'm happy to pay of course.

In all seriousness, does it have a headset jack? It would still be hands free, you'd just have to put the phone in your pocket.

I got fed up with non-professional quality speakerphones working at home in the end. Apart from being too quiet, they also often aren't duplex, so only one person can talk at once. I ended up convincing work to get me a proper one ...polycom I think it was. It cost a few hundred quid, which sounds a lot until I pointed out our digital phones in the office were about 1k each..
I could take a **** in my downstairs loo, and still hear the phone conversations from my home office no problem.

I got fed up with non-professional quality speakerphones working at home in the end. Apart from being too quiet, they also often aren't duplex, so only one person can talk at once. I ended up convincing work to get me a proper one ...polycom I think it was. It cost a few hundred quid, which sounds a lot until I pointed out our digital phones in the office were about 1k each..
I could take a **** in my downstairs loo, and still hear the phone conversations from my home office no problem.

Lol you clearly have done that

thanks for that, jay-tee-dot. i like the first link much better than the second one though.

so is that 'duplex' then? and nice and loud?
and is my idea of soldering on a speaker to the home phone handset a total dud?

Back
Top Bottom