What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Topper connection Spike 2

Darthsinex

Site Supporter
I've just bought a Godzilla topper which has a USB connection to provide power. I'd like to instead connect the power through the top of the backbox to the C7 connector on the spike 2 board so power is provided when the machine is powered on.

Does anyone know whether you can buy a connector that does this off the shelf? Or whether anyone can make one? I need 2 so I'm thinking there must be a market.

OK, not an expert so just checking that the LEDs in the topper are not likely to draw enough power to do any harm to the board by connecting through the USB por?t

Do you have a link to the topper product page?

0.5A is the standard limit for USB ports and the spike board does have over current protection in the MIC2026 so should be fine.

The info just says the following:

Add a touch of nostalgia to your game room with the Stern Pinball Godzilla Pinball Topper. Crafted from acrylic material, it features a stunning design that perfectly complements any pinball machine. Made in Hong Kong, this collectible lighting is a must-have for pinball enthusiasts and collectors alike. The topper operates on a voltage of 5V and is easy to install, making it a great addition to any game room. It adds a unique flair to your pinball machine and is sure to impress your guests. Whether you're a fan of the classic Godzilla franchise or simply looking for a unique piece to add to your collection, the Stern Pinball Godzilla Pinball Topper is the perfect choice.

20 Inches Width
15 Inches Height
3 Inches Depth

Red Side lighting

I've just bought a Godzilla topper which has a USB connection to provide power. I'd like to instead connect the power through the top of the backbox to the C7 connector on the spike 2 board so power is provided when the machine is powered on.

Does anyone know whether you can buy a connector that does this off the shelf? Or whether anyone can make one? I need 2 so I'm thinking there must be a market.
My friend has one, there nothing after market required just plugs into the usb port (I think) I didn't pay much attention when I helped hold it when it needed unscrewing to fix a loose connection. It comes on when the machines switched on.

Back
Top Bottom