What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top cleaning tip - wire wool on wood

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
I have only recently started doing this ...but dang does it work well !

We all see the black pinball dust that can cling to the underside of the playfield - especially around flippers and heavy traffic areas, subways. Using any kind of wet cleaner is just a no no , and sanding back to the wood isn't always practical.

I had always just used a soft brush and vacuum to remove what I could ...brush in one hand , vacuum in the other :D

But after seeing someone mention steel wool I gave it a try ...and it really does work to shift stubborn dust that brush and vacuum alone won't. Rub the grubby area with wool and hold vacuum nozzle near to suck up the cr*p.

I'm now working my way around all my games looking for dirt on the underside ... like some sad pinball b*stard with a hoover fetish 🤣

You tried magic erasers first though? I used a pencil eraser & wiped over with iso-alky on one last week. That worked pretty well. I'd imagine wire wool on the inside of the cabinet would work well though...

Wire wool is a decent choice for non-painted wood, for sure.

Remember guys, it's not like there's any paint to remove...

Back
Top Bottom