What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 Budged Recommendations for Newbies

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Just seen the Shadow on ebay and thought, they are generally a good bang for the buck even though I have not clicked with mine, what would recommend as the best cheap DMD games for those on a low budged looking at getting their toe in the water.​

I can only comment from my own limited experience of owning/playing or from feedback and price trends.​

Flintstones​

Dracula​

Fishtales​

Shadow​

Judge Dredd​

Demolition Man​

Star Trek the Next Generation​

Creature from the Black Lagoon​

Getaway High Speed 2​

Bride of Pinbot​

All these are still fairly priced, OK some are not the best games in the world but they are still good value for money, WH20 would have been high on that list in the past but that one has crept out of the ballpark methinks.​

Obviously there are way better suggestions than these, I am just throwing in some ideas.​

I'm not sure that you could include all of those on a budget list (by budget I mean less than a grand nowadays) - certainly you'd never get a CFTBL or a STTNG for that. Probably also not FS, FT, or SHADOW either. Not sure about BSD.

I'd add Lethal Weapon 3, Baywatch, Goldeneye, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Rollergames, Party Zone and Star Trek to your list.

And watch the prices of all of them shoot up now someone has identified them and listed them...! :suspect:

I've had a few good 'starter pins'.

LW3 for £350

Wh2o for £600

Shadow for £800

Taf for £900

STTNG for £900

All in the last few years and all listed for sale on ebay or the forums. It seems even dross like baywatch and SMB are going for 1k+ now though. Makes it is lot harder for beginners to buy their first machine

IMHO best fun cheapish machines around £1k

Roadshow

Dirty Harry

Fish Tales

Big Hurt

Stargate

No Fear

to a lesser extent

Dracula

Congo

Corvette

To avoid

Judge Dredd

I'd also add Jurassic Park to the list and possibly Hook. Both tend to be cheap so it's not a big deal if you don't bond with them

Judge Dreads' date=' post: 1695272 said:
Just seen the Shadow on ebay and thought, they are generally a good bang for the buck even though I have not clicked with mine, what would recommend as the best cheap DMD games for those on a low budged looking at getting their toe in the water.​

I can only comment from my own limited experience of owning/playing or from feedback and price trends.​

Flintstones​

Dracula​

Fishtales​

Shadow​

Judge Dredd​

Demolition Man​

Star Trek the Next Generation​

Creature from the Black Lagoon​

Getaway High Speed 2​

Bride of Pinbot​

All these are still fairly priced, OK some are not the best games in the world but they are still good value for money, WH20 would have been high on that list in the past but that one has crept out of the ballpark methinks.​

Obviously there are way better suggestions than these, I am just throwing in some ideas.​

I will go for sub £1k which STTNG,WW,Shadow ,CFTBLsadly are not at the mo:confused:

A lot of the sys 11 games - eh WWind,ES etc.Not dmd but modern enough

CBW

FH - wpc tho not dmd I know

I500

HS2

TFTC

GnR if you are lucky

Moonraker' date=' post: 1695290 said:
And watch the prices of all of them shoot up now someone has identified them and listed them...! :suspect:

Says the man listing a project STTNG for £1.1k plus:eek:
wink-1.png

TYHO' date=' post: 1695302 said:
Says the man listing a project STTNG for £1.1k plus:eek:
wink-1.png

Got to move with the times... two completely working ones sold on ebay for £1470 and £1700 earlier that week... :confused: hence the price for a working project. :cool:

TYHO' date=' post: 1695301 said:
I will go for sub £1k which STTNG,WW,Shadow ,CFTBLsadly are not at the mo:confused:

What I meant by the post as much as budget was "bang for the buck", I appreciate that CFTBL , STTNG and SH are not sub £1000 but they are a lot of quality pin for the money, if a noob had a little extra cash, one of these would be a good title to strive for and would still be pretty budget compared to a 3K TOM etc.

Judge Dreads' date=' post: 1695316 said:
What I meant by the post as much as budget was "bang for the buck", I appreciate that CFTBL , STTNG and SH are not sub £1000 but they are a lot of quality pin for the money, if a noob had a little extra cash, one of these would be a good title to strive for and would still be pretty budged compared to a 3K TOM etc.

When did TOM become a £3000 pin?

All the recent ones on ebay have gone for between £2700 and 3k, Les Potts's made 3k, a ropey one went on ebay for £2700 or £2800 (see other thread on this forum) and the ones in between have made about 2.8k, not meaning to split hairs, expect to pay nearer 3k than 2.5k for a decent TOM ATM, I think you are missing the point I was trying to make completely with regards to bang for the buck and pricing.

Indianapolis 500. Best bang for buck pin out there. Not that many about though.

Notable mentions to Roadshow , T2 and Flintstones.

That was Will's 3k TOM, that didn't sell for 3K. There is a TOM on ebay at the moment that has sat without a bid at 2k for a week

The ropey £2800 one sold, Les's sold for 3k and I think Rav got circa £2600 for his and that one had a few points to note (not sure if that was the one with really bad inserts), if that one sells for 2k then someone will be quids in, it all happens in the last 10 seconds so it will be interesting to see where it goes, it does finish at an awkward time which may influence the outcome, I would never end any auction at midday on a Friday, wish I had kept my mouth shut now, this is getting more like the UK pinball group by the minute
sad-1.png
, topic seems to have gone off the rails.

Back
Top Bottom