What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Tommy - My first pinball shop

Sure no worries GrizZ.

That is my worry I hope the ball rolls OK and plays well, if not I'll cut the bugger out...:hmm:

They sit 'loose' although as they are actually quite tight against some parts it will clearly (excuse the pun) not move.

I don't think I would have bothered it they had adhesive on the bottom as I've done some iPhones in the past and fitting an entire sticky playfield with such a thing would be horror.

They say its also quieter to play I did roll a ball around and it is indeed quite quiet, also evens out the surface.

There about 110 euros so not too much, not sure about the 'need' in a home environment, but if I was putting my machines out in pubs etc I'd put one in every machine.

I'm not sure how cleaning works with it?!? At the end of the day the great thing is it can be taken out and heavens forbid if I really hate it cut the bugger out with out stripping the entire playfield.

I'll post more updates on the protector in a few weeks / months with updates on how it plays, cleans gets dirty etc.

I too am taking an interest in these things. I'm wondering what material they are made of and what thickness?

There's a laser cutter just down the road from me and he's done a few pinball items for some of my various projects in the past. I reckon I could knock these things out a lot cheaper than 110 Euros.

Only thing which bothers me is I don't think they'd last very long - you know how mylar gets all cloudy off ball wear and is almost impossible to buff up again.

I think I read that it was 0.75mm thick. The HS2 that features in the pinball news article plays really nice. You'll have to ask Martin Ayub how it has lasted as it will have been on for a little over 2 years now...

So Tommy is finally back in one piece and playable, my snagging list stands at 7 items at present so not bad.

I'm not convinced with the playfield protector (yet), as I also found that the Cliffy's would not sit properly unless they had a washer under the posts, no biggie, but also I've found the proctor is fouling the right bank of targets so 1 or 2 are getting stuck on, as such I need to trim it a tad.

I think a months of testing while I tick off the snag list, then after my SE meet it will be stripped down again for a cabinet full restore.

So Tommy is finally back in one piece and playable, my snagging list stands at 7 items at present so not bad.

Yeah right, and the rest. :p

I finished my RFM a month ago and I'm STILL snagging. Pins are a PITA!

Good job on Tommy though dude, it's lookin sweet! Keep it up.

Project pretty much complete, just the aircraft nose lamp socket is really dim and the volume pot needs changes as it crackles if you change the volume.

Not sure about the playfield protector, its getting micro-scratched, attracts loads of dust due to static and not very easy to clean and keep clean.

Is that the BoP pf protectors? I must say, I've found the opposite. No scratches, no static and remained clean. Probably almost 100 plays on it now too

I got mine from here;

http://playfield-protectors.com/

I'll try to get some photos of the protector as an example

Mine just seems to attract dust and when you wipe it down the duct just jumps to another part of the protector, so very frustrating when trying to clean it.

Should I use anti-static dust cleaner? What do you use to clean the playfield now?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom