What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TOM restoration

chris b

Registered
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok on with a Tom restoration for a customer so thought I would post a few pics and some short descriptions
Ok first pics playfield is out of machine and ready for stripping

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok now for the cab this was actually bought from a uk pinball dealer where the cab was described as mint with new decals this is one of the worst decal jobs I have ever seen Pretty much zero prep and the decals just stuck straight over the the original ones very poor
I would also say never use the cheep decals of e bay the colour matches are shocking they are much thinner than genuine ones and the adhesive is crap you are much better paying the £100 more for proper ones

Mint my ****, looks like you have a job on there Chris.
How come it's mostly TOM that sellers seem to lie about to get a sale.
I'd have thrown it back at the seller, if they thought it was a mint decal job they must live on a different planet to us.

Woah! Talk about cutting corners!

Good luck with it @chris b ! How does the playfield look? Much wear and tear to rectify?

Dunc

Playfield Was pretty good and has come up great with a good t cut and wax
If I'd had bought a so called mint machine even a peachy one I would not expect to have to t cut and wax it. After a few plays yes but not right away.

Hi Chris the guy got a great deal when he bought his 'minter' he got a two for one deal on the decals, muck included on the pf and free black dust on the wiring, bargain :eek::eek:. Some people are just rip off merchants, they should be ashamed. There's some great guys out there in the pinball community whoever sold this as a minter is not one of them.

Great work looking forward to seeing the finished results :thumbs::clap:

lol, love the pic with everything removed! the dirt where the subway has been is brilliant! :D

Keep up the good work chris!

Dunc

Fantastic work.

I wish I could work at that pace; it's taken me almost 2 years to get to the point I have with mine. :D

Looking really really smart. Something about LEDs though, that just don't look right IMO. Just loose all the colour of the playfield etc. I like the original bulb glow.

That said, ur doing a lovely job or it matey!!

Looking really really smart. Something about LEDs though, that just don't look right IMO. Just loose all the colour of the playfield etc. I like the original bulb glow.

That said, ur doing a lovely job or it matey!!
i used to think the same dunc but i think leds have come on so much i use the comet ones and they are great i just think games with bulbs look so tired at the side of a game with leds

ok the tom is all done sorry about the lack of detail towards the end its just i struggle for time to do it
anyway i must say this tom is one of the most enjoyable super mint jobs i have done its pretty much a no expense spared job looks great with all the gold and the mods its going back to the customer tomorrow hope you enjoy the picsDSCN9702.JPG DSCN9703.JPG DSCN9704.JPG DSCN9705.JPG DSCN9706.JPG DSCN9707.JPG DSCN9708.JPG DSCN9709.JPG DSCN9710.JPG DSCN9711.JPG DSCN9712.JPG of the finished product
happy to answer any questions

Attachments

• DSCN9713.JPG
    DSCN9713.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom