What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOM matrix/lamp issue, crate lamp.

Spadge

Registered
Hi all, got a matrix/lamp problem on TOM.

Basically if there is a lamp in the crate, it causes a number of matrix errors, ghosting etc. 1,1 [T]heatre, lights 5,1 [Shoot again], lights 1, 8 [2 x Special], lights 5,8 [Crate light[ - a neat square.

I have replaced the lamp holder in the ctate and the diode (diode line is facing away from the lamp connection). Replaced diodes on 5, 1 (shoot again) and special x 2.

I'm getting somewhere with lamp matrix theory, but am not there yet.

I'd like my crate light working :)

Any ideas?

(Edited, it was row 5 not 4)

Last edited:
have you any silly mods running on the lamp matrix
is the diode on the correct way on the lamp holder
are the wires on the lamp holder the correct way round

Cheers Chris.

No mods at all.

I *think* the diode is right (I’ve not put the PF together) but I can try reversing it. I exchanged the holder as I thought the other could possibly be suspect.

Re-wired the holder as it was, I suppose it’s possible it was incorrect. Only 2 cables, plus I’ll test at connections row 5, column 8

Is the wiring alright ahead of and inside the hollow shaft bringing it up into the Trunk? The trunk isn't supposed to be able to twist the wiring round itself, but one I saw did, breaking several wires. There's a connector for this wiring somewhere nearby, isn't there?. You could check by disconnecting it, and using a lampholder with diode connected between the relevant pins

Is the wiring alright ahead of and inside the hollow shaft bringing it up into the Trunk? The trunk isn't supposed to be able to twist the wiring round itself, but one I saw did, breaking several wires. There's a connector for this wiring somewhere nearby, isn't there?. You could check by disconnecting it, and using a lampholder with diode connected between the relevant pins

Well it's definitely had work on it before, the wire colours were wrong and taped together. The motor wires are OK.

However it was working OK in the past, I'll do some more checks on the area around it.

I'll be looking at it again at some point this weekend.

Now fixed.

The lamp had been wired incorrectly in the past and the diode (which was right way) was on the wrong connection.

The motor had been fixed and different wire colours used.

Back
Top Bottom