What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays trip to Tilt

Scorn

Registered
Has the pleasure of a few hours in tilt today as part of a general boozy drink round Brum for my birthday. Been a while since I’ve been able to get my hands in the latest pins and to be honest my thoughts on them at the end of the day surprised me.

Firstly. The old school pins MM, MB, TOM etc. having only recently (3 years or so) got into pinball and haveing owned both MM and AFM I have to say these pins are not a patch on the latest sterns. I know many of these old school pins command a healthy price but honestly I can’t see the reason why. Yes they are fun to play a game or two off but when compared to the depth of the latest Sterns I think they tire very very quickly. I can only think that once the nostalgia effect of these pins drop off so will their value.

Secondly. Probably going against the general consensus in the community. I didn’t like Godzilla.

Yes I said that I didn’t like Godzilla. I found it to be a complete bar steward for SDTM drains from the building. And although I quite liked the variation in ball paths and thought the general flow was good I really didn’t gel with it

Thirdly. OMG AIQ is amazing. Now I almost regret buying GNR as I was blown away on how good this pin was. The shots, the variations of game play brilliant. I thought after just owning JP2 that they would have been a bit samey. How wrong was I.

Finally hats off to tilt. Great venue beer was top notch even the misses was happy with no15. Pins we well liked after and the replays set to a fair level. Managed to spend a good hour on AIQ for two quid. For those of us that can’t afford pin sheds it’s an absolute paradise

Back
Top Bottom