What's new

Todays blast from the past pic :)

Come on then chaps any other real bargains in the past 5-10 years TZ £250, SS £400, AFM £800 and MB £900. Now all sadly gone

Reminds me of the story about a guy in the States who split with his wife to live with his girlfriend.
The wife won't let him within 200 yards of the house to get his stuff so he sends her a message: "I need money, sell the Corvette and send me half asap" (He has a classic '63 Corvette in the garage which he spent years restoring and was valued at $50,000). She sticks an ad in the paper "63 Vette for sale, $1.00". Everyone thinks it's a typo and ignores it apart from one lucky bloke who goes round there and gets the car for a dollar. The wife then sends the husband a letter with a cheque for 50 cents, saying "sold the car, here's your half".

Love it!

Got a Checkpoint and an Elektra for free

TAF £190, WH20 £200, CFTBL £150

And the best deal I've ever had, an unfaded IJ for........£30

Those were the days

This is making me depressed looking at those prices!! :) £30 for IJ.....Jeeeez. Think it only fair you sell it to me for £50 and make yourself 20 notes ;)

Was this in the good old days as no doubt there were loads of cheap machines. I was referring to prices within the past 10 years. E.g got TZ off eBay for £250 when going rate was £1000+

Got a Checkpoint and an Elektra for free

TAF £190, WH20 £200, CFTBL £150

And the best deal I've ever had, an unfaded IJ for........£30

Those were the days

that fricking £200 wh20 story still hurts as mine was the one next to it ;)

Just dug this out. Taken in 2004 so didn't realise it was so long ago.

One stayed with me until summer 2012 when I sold it to get Iron Man. This thread has made me look at all the old machines I have had. Started with a SWDE in 1998 and played that for a few years before they multiplied like rabbits.

DSCF0012.JPG

I got in to pinball to late to get any bargains I have only been collecting for the last 7 months

Reminds me of the story about a guy in the States who split with his wife to live with his girlfriend.
The wife won't let him within 200 yards of the house to get his stuff so he sends her a message: "I need money, sell the Corvette and send me half asap" (He has a classic '63 Corvette in the garage which he spent years restoring and was valued at $50,000). She sticks an ad in the paper "63 Vette for sale, $1.00". Everyone thinks it's a typo and ignores it apart from one lucky bloke who goes round there and gets the car for a dollar. The wife then sends the husband a letter with a cheque for 50 cents, saying "sold the car, here's your half".

Love it!
What a bitch.

Some of these prices I guess were some time ago, but even so £30 IJ is insanely good :D
Certainly is a great price, and one I can't beat.
Had some great bargins in the past but its a little unfair to rub it in the newbies faces.

One tale which I will never get again. Bought a machine off a guy that had no clue at all about pinballs, no keys so when it stopped working the guy stood it up and forgot about it.
Two years pass and the guy puts it up for sale, I buy it with no keys and not working.
Get it home expecting the worse (battery damaged boards) etc, pry the door to find backbox key behind the door so look in the backbox. All good in there, take out the glass and lift the playfield to find a vuk with a stuck ball which was stopping a game being played so a simple fix. Go to remove the cash box which I thought was fastened in untill I noticed it was just very heavy. Tunned out it was full of cash, counted out £257.68.
I paid £50 for the machine.

But it would spit the 5p 2p and 1p out.... Well at least the 2p and 1p's....

Tell that to the coin mec.
There was loads of copper coins in it as well as some foreign ones.

Back
Top Bottom