What's new

Today Only - 10% Off Metal Polishing Supplied UK Ltd

Nedreud

Registered
I am in no way affiliated with MPS UK Ltd, I'm just one of their happy customers and this came via email this morning. I can't find any mention of it on their site and the discount is simply deducted without fanfare at the end of the checkout process.

I use their Pro-Max Steel & Stainless Steel 9pc Metal Polishing Kit, Satin Web "ScotchBrite" Metal Sanding Mop Fine 4" and Autosol for making all manner of pinball parts nice and shiny. Great little kits for hobbyists to make a few bits and bobs all sparkly! :D

FlashSale.png

Unfortunately didn't even cover the postage cost, so decided not to bother... not in a rush... :D

I might have to nab this unofficial Dremel bits kit, it's got practically everything you might need for a Dremel. Cheaper than the same kit on eBay and you'd pay much more for an official Dremel bits kit. (The engraving bits in the top right are apparently handy for removing rivets from underneath.)

Last edited:
They're doing 15% off today. Might finally nab that 4" 9pc polishing kit @Nedreud .
Just for the record from their email:

Get 15% Off All Our General Purpose Metal Polishing Kits This Weekend!!
Offer Ends 13/07/14 - Discount On Product Price Only And Excludes P&P.
Discount Will Be Applied At Checkout.

Click Here To Buy Now!!

Just to be clear, I'm in no way affiliated, just a happy customer.

Temptation averted for the moment. It's just on the kits and doesn't include any of the hardware. I think I actually want a bench polisher so i'm holding back for now.

Need to get those decals first as they're going to be done as a limited run.

I'll want to nab the 4" x 1/2" kit from here to pop on a drill, right? Probably that 4" Scotchbrite wheel too.
I use the 4" x 1/2" kit in my Black & Decker KR532 2-Speed Hammer Drill (500W 2,800rpm). Depends on what you're polishing (and any other non-pinball jobs) but I think the 1/2" wide is good for everything. I think the 1" might be too wide or a bit beefy for some of the smaller parts (more likely to whip the bits out of your hands too) but if you only want to do the lockdown, rails and legs it would probably be better. The 6" wheel might be a bit unwieldy for free-hand use but fine if you clamp your drill to make it bench-grinder-style.

The Scotchbrite wheels are very good too. Make short work of removing heavy oxidation or light rust, and are perfect if you just want to re-grain stainless steel rather than go for a mirror shine. I don't use it unless I have to because it's more abrasive than the sisal wheel with black compound and therefore takes longer to buff the scratches out.

Last edited:
Wish you'd stop dangling all these carrots in front of me as just makes me want to go out and buy them - bench polisher and kit would look great on my bench but now sat on my hands so I don't buy :)

Well, I'm going to bite. Got a pair of filthy DESW scoops to clean and polish up, amongst other bits! Definitely going to be one of those months where I just don't look at my bank balance, haha.

Wish you'd stop dangling all these carrots in front of me as just makes me want to go out and buy them - bench polisher and kit would look great on my bench but now sat on my hands so I don't buy :)
Tools are such a man thing! I had to unsubscribe from emails from the likes of Screwfix because tools on special offer are even more tempting. It's amazing how many jobs you can think of that could be done better/faster/easier if only you had that shiny new tool ;)

OMG! I am literally ROFL! :p I've never seen or heard of this before! Hilarious! Will try and find a few full episodes on YouTube.

Kenny Everett's Reg Prescott for the win though!

Might grab this instead - I currently have a 25% off code, which brings it down to £25ish...

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cbk150c-6in-polishing-kit?da=1&TC=SRC-bench grinder
That's two 6" mops, 1 compound and a spindle adapter (left side only).

For about the same price of £26.26 today with discount and including shipping (or less if you just want the steel only kit) you'd get the following kit in the 6" x 1" size (note you need a more powerful bench grinder for 6" wheels):

Bench Grinder Metal Polishing Kit - Aluminium, Brass, Steel, Stainless Steel 12pc
http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.c...t-aluminium-brass-steel-stainless-steel-12pc/
3 wheels, 5 compounds, 2 spindle adapters (left and right), Vienna lime and a cloth

1 x Pro-Max Sisal Metal Polishing Wheel
1 x Pro-Max Colour Stitch Metal Polishing Wheel
1 x Pro-Max "G" Loose Fold Metal Polishing Wheel
1 x 12.5mm (1/2") Diameter Left Hand Bench Grinder Spindle Adapter
1 x 12.5mm (1/2") Diameter Right Hand Bench Grinder Spindle Adapter
1 x 100g Bar Pro-Max Brown Metal Polishing Compound
1 x 100g Bar Pro-Max Blue Metal Polishing Compound
1 x 100g Bar Pro-Max Black Metal Polishing Compound
1 x 100g Bar Pro-Max Green Metal Polishing Compound
1 x 100g Bar Pro-Max White Metal Polishing Compound
1 x 25g Bag Vienna Lime
1 x Micro Fibre Cloth

You would need the bench grinder on top too tho.... unless im missing something....

You would need the bench grinder on top too tho.... unless im missing something....
Yeah, I think you're missing something... the bench grinder!

That link is just for the "CBK150C" polishing kit. The Clarke CBG6RL (discontinued) grinder shown in the picture is not included! Current equivalent, say the CBG6250, will set you back about another £43. Also, the photo is probably just a mockup but a 250W grinder probably isn't powerful enough for a 6" mop. You'd need more like their 370W 8" grinder.

The wording on that Machine Mart advert was a little misleading because initially I thought it included a bench grinder, but evidently not.

I'm hanging fire for now on any polishing purchases until the decals are paid for. I think a random orbital sander is higher up my list of stuff to buy as well now. ;-)

I looked at the link and sure it was showing bench grinder plus kit of millions of pieces for under £50 but appears to be different link now - was somebody dangling an imaginary carrot?

Metalpolishingsupplies on eBay do a kit like that. You only get a little of each media but certainly enough to get you started. Think there's one around the £40-£50 mark and another at a little over £60 with more media. Tempted to go with the higher priced once but will see when it comes to me picking one up.

I looked at the link and sure it was showing bench grinder plus kit of millions of pieces for under £50 but appears to be different link now - was somebody dangling an imaginary carrot?
Yeah this one...

Polisher wheel, hand tool and 400 piece kit £49.50 saving £7.50 or something over normal price

Was in Pete's first post

If the kit has 400 pieces then it sounds like you were looking at the mini bench grinder package on eBay, also on offer on their website. Whilst the flexi-shaft with a felt wheel would be good for small parts like clips, washers, springs, etc., you'd be there forever with anything larger (although Nancy for all those other cutting, grinding, sanding jobs):

Pro-Max 150W Mini Bench Grinder Polisher With 400pc Accessory Set
£49.50
(You save £7.45)

http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.c...ch-grinder-polisher-with-400pc-accessory-set/

cdn2.bigcommerce.com_server2400_7bd0c_products_481_images_1973f06c4ea20ce9a94f3d5e357194915a00.jpg

But what we've mainly been discussing on here is a bench grinder polishing kit. Something like this:

Pro-Max 150w Bench Grinder With 4" Metal Polishing Kit
£39.95

http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.co.uk/pro-max-150w-bench-grinder-with-4-metal-polishing-kit/

cdn2.bigcommerce.com_server2400_7bd0c_products_280_images_2020cbeb854dc3883226ce4d6525124c3f62.jpg

(Good grief, that was hard work copying and pasting all those links and images on an iPad!)

Personally, I still think I prefer the drill kit. The bench grinder about is 150W with I think a speed of 2,950rpm. My drill has a max speed of 2,800rpm but 500W of power, more than 3 times as much, which means you can work it harder without it slowing down. I have a feeling the 150W 4" kit is a bit small for pinball stuff and you might be better off with their Silverline 200W or ToolZone 370W 6" packages.

But I still think doing the lockdown bar, rails and legs will be hard work on a bench grinder moving those large items back and forth. Easier to clamp in the bench and move the drill over it, letting gravity pull the drill down onto the work (remember on a bench polisher you generally hold the work under the wheel and press up).

Yeah, i'm quite tempted by the top one too - all the benefits of a bench polishing wheel with the dremmel-like goodness thrown in.

Just don't be surprised by its size! It's quite tiddly. But it does have the advantage of having adjustable speed up to 10,000rpm (bench grinders normally 2,500-300rpm) so it's more like a bench-mounted Dremel.

Not the most riveting or quality video but at least you can get an idea of what this thing is:

Back
Top Bottom