What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To decal or not to decal

Silverpaolo

Site Supporter
I have a family guy in pretty good condition but the cabinet does have a few dings, so my question is am I better to leave it in the current condition ie untouched and original or for £169.99 I can buy all new cabinet art ...what to do people how do people feel about wrapping in new art or should I leave alone thanks in advance

Its the 40 hours work onto doing the cabinet correctly.
Ask @replicas ......
Plus then your old legs, side rails, lockdown bar, coin door will all need powder coating or renewing.

It wont put much value onto the game really.

Are they Stern decals for £169? - I bet they are not....

+1 to leave it be.

Life is too short, leave it and enjoy. Just not worth it unless you are keeping it and it annoys you.
Even then if you aren’t handy with doing this it might turn out looking worse.

If the £160 isn't an issue and you think that you might enjoy the process then have a go. The machine won't increase in value but you won't be the first or the last tinker with refurbishing a pin just because you fancy it.

Look at as many shop logs as you can first and watch a few videos on how to get the cabinet tip-top before trying to put a giant sticker on it.

I've never done one (a pinball cabinet) before but I have just completely vinyl wrapped my kitchen. I don't know how similar it is but my final door is significantly better than my first. I certainly improved with practice so perhaps try some cheaper decals on a different surface before committing with the expensive one on the cabinet.

Im going to go against the consensus here, it is a lot of effort and you may never get your investment back, but if its a game your planning on keeping a while and you enjoy that sort of thing then why not. Theres something very satisfyingly about it.

I've never done one (a pinball cabinet) before but I have just completely vinyl wrapped my kitchen. I don't know how similar it is but my final door is significantly better than my first. I certainly improved with practice so perhaps try some cheaper decals on a different surface before committing with the expensive one on the cabinet.
Likewise, I vinyl wrapped my dining room table as an 'introduction' to doing my WPT. Even a big standard flat surface required a hell of a lot of prep work to get it ready for the vinyl to be put on, and that was starting from a decent standard. I'm happy with the result, but don't think it's worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom