What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Lapse Camera for extension build

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Anyone got experience of these? Just want a budget time lapse camera to sit in the garden for the extension build. Battery powered and would need to have a waterproof housing.

Anyone got experience of these? Just want a budget time lapse camera to sit in the garden for the extension build. Battery powered and would need to have a waterproof housing.
No real ideas for off the shelf. My company put in solar panels 10-12 years ago, I got a network camera and made a weatherproof box for it. There was freeware software I found at the time that took pictures that I manually combines into a timelapse video.
I suspect that it's all moved on a lot, in this era of GoPros and whatever..
So, I'd look at GoPro or wildlife capture units - both pretty cheap and I think should do what you want.
Sorry - only educated guesswork, when I did this I was on a total budget and mainly used gaffer tape!

Sent from my FP3 using Tapatalk

Done this cheaply a few times for builds, but only reliably with a cable to the camera. An ethernet cable (up to 100m) to the camera can provide power (48v Power over Ethernet adapter for under £10) and a data connection back to a storage device. Ive used PCs and cloud storage, but for 24/7 I try to use a NAS (by QNAP, but others are similar). Current NAS has a free surveillance app (QVR Pro) that will do snapshots or event-driven recording for up to 8 IP cameras - these can be the £25 Chinese IP cameras provided they are PoE and ONVIF compatible (many are). Once you have a NAS (which has many other uses, such as storing your files or as a media server for your home), the rest of the setup can be under £100.

Back
Top Bottom