What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tilt's 8th Birthday - Monster Madness - 29th October

Genotime

Registered
To celebrate Tilt's Birthday, Halloween, and just because we all love pinball. We will be holding a matchplay tournament at Tilt on Sunday 29th October.

Starting at 11:00, Doors open from 10:00.

Plan is for there to be 12 rounds of 4 player matchplay scored at 7 5 3 1.

Top 6 qualify outright for finals portion of the tournament.

7-10 will play a random 4 player game with the top 2 joining the other 6 to make a final 8.

From there it will be a Head to Head, best-of-3 series's playoff bracket for quarter-finals, semi-finals and then a final 2.

Entry for tournament will be 10 GBP. Drop me a message here or wherever if interested. If you want to pre-register and pay beforehand @tiltbrum has set up a page where you can do that. You can also pay on the day.

Hope as many of you can come as possible.

Gene

Registered and paid.
Looking forward to my first visit to Tilt!

Is anyone going on the Saturday and staying over?

Last edited:
Don't forget to register for our tournament in 3 weeks time!

Already have 24 players registered, let's make it to 50!

monster copy.jpg

£15 for more than 6 hours, ouch.
Lorraine & I are thinking of staying the Sunday night, only £47 in premier....it's dearer than that to park in that car park!

Edit ...seems prebooking a space is way more expensive than not prebooking, how does that make sense?

Last edited:
Depending on what car you're driving, it's worth checking whether you would be liable to pay the low emission zone charge, which I think is £8 per day. Vehicle checker here.

At least it's cheaper than Khan's £12.50 London one!

Depending on what car you're driving, it's worth checking whether you would be liable to pay the low emission zone charge, which I think is £8 per day. Vehicle checker here.

At least it's cheaper than Khan's £12.50 London one!
I do have to pay that 😞

A week till the comp!

Remember you can rock up on the day!

Doors open at 10:00 with an 11:00 start...

If you're running late contact Gene or me and we'll see what we can do!

Its all about having some fun :)

IMG_4773.jpg

@Tilt_Birmingham - what's the estimated finish time please, as need to decide on train home from Birmingham New St?

Hey Conrad. We start at 11. There will be 12 rounds of matchplay with no lunch break. The average round usually lasts between 25-30 mins. Qualifying would hope to finish thus around 5-5:30pm.

Top 6 will qualify for playoffs section with 7-10 playing one matchplay game to determine the 2 who will make the final 8.

From there it will be 3 rounds of best of 3 head to heads. Estimate about 10-15mins for each game.

No guarantees on time, but above is the format so guesstimate from that would be qualifying over 17:30 and maybe about 19:30-20:00 for finish.

Reactions: C&C
I can bring copies of my book and arcade mags along if anyone is interested, please let me know beforehand as will only bring those preordered.

A reminder of what's available:

Also if anyone is coming up on Saturday let me know and we can organise a curry and drinks
Hi Kirk, Tony and I have decided last minute to head up this afternoon, planning on watching the rugby final then maybe some food if people are about?? Think we’re staying central to Tilt but not sure exactly where??

Hi Kirk, Tony and I have decided last minute to head up this afternoon, planning on watching the rugby final then maybe some food if people are about?? Think we’re staying central to Tilt but not sure exactly where??

Sent you my number

Highly likely some of us will go to watch rugby finals and fury fight if interested :)

Will, a bunch of us will be at Tilt from afternoon onwards on and off. Welcome to join and possibly go for food at some point together.

Will, a bunch of us will be at Tilt from afternoon onwards on and off. Welcome to join and possibly go for food at some point together.
Just pulling into Birmingham now, will quickly check into hotel etc and come and find you guys. See you in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom