What's new

Tilt (b/ham) issues thread

philpalmer

Site Supporter
Hi Guys, Andy Netherwood is doing a service call Monday... any known issues please report them here so he can see them prior to his visit.

We are going to burn full throttle at some point in March if A H doesn't take it back, gonna sell tickets and roast marshmallows on it to recoup some of the cash back it cost to buy the thing.

Phil

if you need them, dan and the south coast crew can give advise on how to burn a pin, if burning fails I believe a pick axe was used

Lower right pop troll/goblin on Hobbit doesn't lift
Catapult on MM often doesn't register
Slimer on GB Pro doesn't register at all
Ball often gets stuck in swamp on TAF

I know it's going, or already gone, but right slingshot on IM doesn't fire.

clocked Full Throttle at Brewdog today, great fun, what's up with the one at Tilt?

enter bitchin' stage right....

Somebody has swiped the lock off Iron Man.

Not enough Spam.

We are going to burn full throttle at some point in March if A H doesn't take it back, gonna sell tickets and roast marshmallows on it to recoup some of the cash back it cost to buy the thing.

Phil

Presumably this is an in joke

why would want a game that has never worked since day one? it will be far more satisfying to burn it but hopefully A H will issue a refund first.

why would want a game that has never worked since day one? it will be far more satisfying to burn it but hopefully A H will issue a refund first.
We were told by the bar owner at EAG that it has been pretty reliable.

We also offered multiple times to visit and inspect ourselves when we knew there was an issue - you declined.

We can't help fix what we are not told isn't working

No way in a million years did Kirk tell you that has been reliable. You are hearing what you want to hear.

Have a think over you memories of this conversation as I have already text Kirk about this.

My left nut says he never said that.

Lower right pop troll/goblin on Hobbit doesn't lift
Catapult on MM often doesn't register
Slimer on GB Pro doesn't register at all
Ball often gets stuck in swamp on TAF

I know it's going, or already gone, but right slingshot on IM doesn't fire.

Catapult has been fixed
TAF ball gets stuck in Thing not Swamp

We were told by the bar owner at EAG that it has been pretty reliable.

We also offered multiple times to visit and inspect ourselves when we knew there was an issue - you declined.

We can't help fix what we are not told isn't working

I think it was more professional courtesy in front of prospective customers that i didn't talk through the issues we have with it

But to be honest until EAG i had never played a fully working TF because ours has never been right so i couldn't tell you whats right or wrong with it.

Before the new Labour, pc, virtue signalling etc ...

a traditional Nottinghamshire Pinball necklacing involved a lorry Tyre and petrol. Rural communities like mine slightly vary this to use local materials. We use tractor tyres and kerosene (as we do not get mains gas in the villages so all have this in tanks)

I was advised that bonfire night is the safe night to do this in snowflake Britain. So many fires that the snowflakes do not obsess about the Pinball necklacing.

Maybe selling raffle tickets would be more productive that choaking it with tyres and setting it on fire with petrol?
If not..... How much are the tickets to the bonfire?

IMG_20170212_0806360.jpg

The one on the right was soda water, my dog is partial to the empties

I think it was more professional courtesy in front of prospective customers that i didn't talk through the issues we have with it

But to be honest until EAG i had never played a fully working TF because ours has never been right so i couldn't tell you whats right or wrong with it.
It's probably worth recognising, from a professional courtesy perspective, that this conversation is now happening in front of the largest gathering of pinball customers in the UK :confused:

Didn't he actually just agree with what Andy said, that he hadn't mentioned anything to him?

Regardless of who said what, where and when.... Tilt have a year old pin that doesn't work properly it seems. Surely it makes good business sense for Andy to just send someone there to fix it properly once and for all.

Fact is, AH has known about this game not working for some considerable time to say otherwise is a lie.

Torching is a bit harsh. If it were mine, I would consider spending time fine tuning all the known weaknesses. When it plays as best it could over a day or more arrange with Tilt to return to Free Play service. Have a resident Tech to spend a busy day there to log the games played at each relevant fail point and if possible fix minor issues to keep it in service . With this knowledge perhaps frustrations could be rectified and reliability achieved . Just saying....... could make some charity thing out of it.

Regardless of who said what, where and when.... Tilt have a year old pin that doesn't work properly it seems. Surely it makes good business sense for Andy to just send someone there to fix it properly once and for all.

More of case both Pinball Heaven and myself want the machine gone now, its unreliable not what you expect from a modern machine.

As for as i'm concerned Phil Docker and Phil Palmer have communicated these issues to Andy and several boards have been replaced and probably been replacing again.

Back
Top Bottom