What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thunderbirds EL art

Cryptkeeper

Registered
Alias
RingSting
Any one else see this on the pinheadz Facebook page?

SUPER COOL Thunderbirds PINBALL UPDATE! Homepin will be the first pinball manufacturer to use Electroluminescent printed decals! The Thunderbirds backbox side art will be printed using the EL process. The footage below is a demo for Pepsi of the product in action (obviously not TB art wink emoticon )

Here is a link to the video

I like it but how many times can you see the sides of the back box? Wouldn't it be better on the front of the cabinet?

Looks great but EL wire/paper has a lifespan, it depends how hard its driven but will eventually get dimmer. Is this the same stuff? Probably wouldn't be much of an issue in a home environment though.

How come they can design great pins but not know which way to hold a flaming phone while videoing?

The theme does absolutely nothing for me was dull as hell back in the day and still dull as hell now. Now terror Hawks would of been better they even had ball things in it

The theme does absolutely nothing for me was dull as hell back in the day and still dull as hell now. Now terror Hawks would of been better they even had ball things in it
I own the box set of Thunderbirds. I bought it 'for my son' when he was little. A machine with a Clangers theme would be something that would please me greatly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like this game will be released next year. Not one for me but curious how it turns out.

thanks for this, very interesting indeed. from what i've seen, i think this Australian bloke has more going for him than pretty much any of his competitors, i'll totally impressed by almost everything he's done so far. he even became bereaved recently and still he's stuck at it, quietly and gradually improving and increasing and expanding and developing. this theme does nothing for me either, but it's not just about the theme is it. a couple of years from now, i doubt that all the new crop of companies will be around, but i can see this being one of the final 3 or 4. Stern, Heighway, Homepin and maybe one more.

thanks for this, very interesting indeed. from what i've seen, i think this Australian bloke has more going for him than pretty much any of his competitors, i'll totally impressed by almost everything he's done so far. he even became bereaved recently and still he's stuck at it, quietly and gradually improving and increasing and expanding and developing. this theme does nothing for me either, but it's not just about the theme is it. a couple of years from now, i doubt that all the new crop of companies will be around, but i can see this being one of the final 3 or 4. Stern, Heighway, Homepin and maybe one more.

Pretty big call there Dan :) Homepin yet to get to market, and Heighway with a bit of an obscure and less than spectacularly received first offering if I'm honest.

Hopefully all of the companies build traction, but personally I wouldn't even guess at the future of any of them apart from Stern.

I think JJP like Stern has crossed the road in terms of surviving they seem to be well organised and I think dialled in will sell like hot cakes. CGC will be fine also - the rest including homepin look far from certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjp well organised? First time I've seen someone say that lol

They are far from perfect but building a complex supply chain and manufacturing process is tough but if you watch the video of their factory they've built something significant in a short space of time.

With CGC doing their own build on AFMr we will see how they will do compared to stern delivering MMR

They are far from perfect but building a complex supply chain and manufacturing process is tough but if you watch the video of their factory they've built something significant in a short space of time.

With CGC doing their own build on AFMr we will see how they will do compared to stern delivering MMR

Rick of PPS denied that CGC were going in-house, recently, and praised Stern and the CGC / PPS relationship with them. Guess we'll see how it turns out, but his statement certainly goes against all the talk.

Re: HomePin. I have pretty high hopes for their machines generally. There's something to be said for an engineer running a pinball company, and one who doesn't appear to want to compromise on quality or materials. Gameplay, code and artwork obviously remain to be seen, but I'd be amazed if they didn't put out a much more solid, better engineered product than Stern, Heighway or potentially even JJP.

No Rick denied that there had been a falling out. But posted in the PPS forum:

-------------------------------------
SO, the FIRST place I'm going to announce it here, and I'm sure whether I or CGC announce it on Pinside it would be there within a minute or two anyways.

We would likely be taking 'pre-orders' as the game will be shipping reasonably soon after the announcement. The game will be built at Chicago Gaming which has the benefit of not having alot of issues in terms of finding parts and scheduling the line (which the Stern execs have been great, but the combination of two companies trying to manage parts shortages and issues has been a challenge) - so the upside should be a more consistent 'up-time' to producing games. The downside is that CGC's line will inherently be running slower per day ... but given the starts and stops on the MMR line thru the past year, it could actually be a positive, we will see.

The game is going thru final tinkering, and it went into UL testing awhile ago, but with so many things going on here, I've not checked on the status - it's alot easier this time, as CGC knows the 'pinball' UL process, as well as there are many components that are the same or similar, etc. I should be getting a pre-production game here in Reno shortly, as well as I know they are looking to put a couple out on test.

Stay tuned.

Rick

The tenor of his post suggested otherwise, given how he was (over)reacting, but I suppose he has his reasons for doing that, given that their relationship with Stern regarding MMr is presumably still extant.

If there is doubt about CGC producing these at a higher cadence than Stern, then I expect that puts paid to much hope of them being significantly cheaper, as I know many wanted.

No Rick denied that there had been a falling out. But posted in the PPS forum:

-------------------------------------
SO, the FIRST place I'm going to announce it here, and I'm sure whether I or CGC announce it on Pinside it would be there within a minute or two anyways.

We would likely be taking 'pre-orders' as the game will be shipping reasonably soon after the announcement. The game will be built at Chicago Gaming which has the benefit of not having alot of issues in terms of finding parts and scheduling the line (which the Stern execs have been great, but the combination of two companies trying to manage parts shortages and issues has been a challenge) - so the upside should be a more consistent 'up-time' to producing games. The downside is that CGC's line will inherently be running slower per day ... but given the starts and stops on the MMR line thru the past year, it could actually be a positive, we will see.

The game is going thru final tinkering, and it went into UL testing awhile ago, but with so many things going on here, I've not checked on the status - it's alot easier this time, as CGC knows the 'pinball' UL process, as well as there are many components that are the same or similar, etc. I should be getting a pre-production game here in Reno shortly, as well as I know they are looking to put a couple out on test.

Stay tuned.

Rick

Well they are pretty bullish about volume being better. Will depend on the deal with stern, if its a per machine deal at this volume i doubt there will be much to change in the price.

I wouldn't exactly call "could actually be a positive, we will see" bullish, unless he's made further posts. But yeah, if volumes remain tiny, then practically no hope of a significantly lower price.

Still, hopefully it means that with all the QC being in house, it might be less dreadful.

When Rick is positive in anyway I take it as bullish :)

Back
Top Bottom