What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three alien pinballs for sale this week - go figure!

In a way it kinda makes sense, was the original ever finished? A 2.0 coming out which will lose some features (especially the screen), but should, if it makes it, fix some of the reliability issues which have, in some instances, haunted the original. I'd probably want the reliable one, but there will be collectors for both.

Just want to agree with Will, Rav is a top bloke who has done so much for the hobby. It's clear that he had expected comments on his for sale thread from people who had absolutely no intention of buying the machine, and he got them. I get his responses completely.

This is a wonderful forum, but the for sale section can be absolutely acidic at times. More and more I'm staying well clear, which is a shame, but the grief is definitely not worth it. As I have said in other threads on here, before you click 'post', have a think does this actually add anything at all, is it really that important that you post, could it have a negative impact on others.

Or in other words 'wind your neck in son'

I think there must have been people hoarding the chill pills. Who is selling the third one? Saw Rav's and Helmut's not a third?

Big drama in the for sale section! I do think people need to STFU maybe just a little, otherwise we'll have a situation where we have for sales threads with comments disabled and I think that'd be a shame.

I agree with Rav’s position.

There might be people that had some advance notice of the remake coming down the pipe, who liquidated their position ASAP, who I’m sure didn’t say to the buyer after the sale has been completed “oh yeah there’s a new one coming out soon, drive safe!”.

Rav (and others) didn’t get the memo and are trying to get out while they can.

On the one hand members should certainly look out for one another so they don’t get scammed, but on the other making comments alluding to the fact that there’s a reason several have come up for sale at the same time, and “rats leaving the sinking ship” analogies, is not helpful at all and jeopardises his sale. I can see why he lost his rag about it.

For me alien is a 4K game and now that the supply is resolved thats what price is going to hit, folks should be made aware thats what a community is all about.

This is a wonderful forum, but the for sale section can be absolutely acidic at times. More and more I'm staying well clear, which is a shame, but the grief is definitely not worth it. As I have said in other threads on here, before you click 'post', have a think does this actually add anything at all, is it really that important that you post, could it have a negative impact on others.

Best quote ever
But when a poll was done the classified adds where massively out voted seems most people like the **** storm unless it’s on there add
So classified is the way forward in my opinion

I have been a seller on here as a hobbyist and a dealer and to be fair behaviour like this plays in to my hands I have many good customers on here that would just prefer to buy from me and take a hit on there px than list it on here due to time wasters and messers and damn right rude people
I have learned to rule out quotes of first dibs and pm sent a long time ago
I have bought 2 pins on here this month one I paid the asking price bank transfer immediately and collected 3 days later
The other I said what I would pay via pm the seller agreed instant bacs and again collected via Martin in 3 days and that’s the way all deals should be

Back to the alien thing it’s not uncommon to see original games come up when a re make comes out same applied to mb afm and mm and the original ones of those don’t seem to have taken a massive hit you are probably going to pay close to a re make price with a mm maybe even more for a nice one
I don’t think alien will ever be a 4k game but from the ones I have sold the price always came down over time and took longer to sell due to the limited interest and people factoring the risk of anything was to go wrong
Of the 3 i owned the only issue I had was the xenomorph mech sticking out on power up calibration turn it off and back on and it was fine
And the most annoying thing for me was when the flippers where pressed all the leds would flicker and that the only issue s I had

I don’t think Alien will ever be £4k either. Neil’s dislike of Alien has already been established so I think that colours his opinion :)

At the same time it’s obviously not a £10k game anymore, or $14k (sorry @Rav). That ship has sailed.

The OG Alien has a playfield LCD and larger backbox LCD, as well as illuminated cabinet art (not sure this is on all models) etc, so there is some value to the OG version above the remake, as opposed to CGC ones which are straight upgrades, antique/patina emotion notwithstanding. There’s still a community built up around keeping it running, that hasn’t changed with this announcement.

On the flip side it seems like they’ve re-engineered the boards (or say they have), so it doesn’t seem like OG Alien owners will be able to use this as a new source of parts. I would also be concerned that @Helmut Langenbruch is selling his, given he was part of that whole development. Maybe these OG parts are going to harder and harder to find.

Last edited:
Thanks those that support me on this... on the now-locked thread i did post about the terrible treatment a guy saying hhe WTB one...

i had put a post on that thread saying i was going to sell it (even before the re-release), and indeed I have several 1-2-1 conversations with an admin/moderator who asked me to post a FS post and he’d moderate it. I knew it would get comments and so held off... so when the remake got revealled I thought, right list it now and expected it to go “Pete Tong”.

So yeah, I had the annoyance before I posted the FS post so was on a short fuse from the start.

its such a sad thign when people are reluctant to use forums that are actually cracking and like football hooliganism - the few spoil it for the majority. Lets hope people take on board the suggests to “Think first” - but I doubt it Sadly!

we’ll see what happens when I list my Star Wars LE pinball!

I simply wont reply and not look at the thread - I’ll write ’please discuss with me privately’ possibly ...

Thanks those that support me on this... on the now-locked thread i did post about the terrible treatment a guy saying hhe WTB one...

i had put a post on that thread saying i was going to sell it (even before the re-release), and indeed I have several 1-2-1 conversations with an admin/moderator who asked me to post a FS post and he’d moderate it. I knew it would get comments and so held off... so when the remake got revealled I thought, right list it now and expected it to go “Pete Tong”.

So yeah, I had the annoyance before I posted the FS post so was on a short fuse from the start.

its such a sad thign when people are reluctant to use forums that are actually cracking and like football hooliganism - the few spoil it for the majority. Lets hope people take on board the suggests to “Think first” - but I doubt it Sadly!

I simply wont reply and not look at the thread - I’ll write ’please discuss with me privately’ possibly ...

I totally understand your point as some people have explained it politely, just don’t understand the need to be so aggressive. Great forum with great people, if we put a foot wrong tell us in a constructive way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought the original Alien would be a more desirable machine to own. Granted, it may have the odd issue here and there but with the central screen and wot not is it not more collectable? Over time there have been errrrrr "support" groups for original owners and they're helping each other out.

Just me?

the problem is nothing to do with the status of Alien. Simply there have been a bunch of people ripped off on the forum, blame those offenders selling polished turds, hence the view that it's better to be safe than sorry. The forum remains the best and safest place to buy a pinball.

I don’t think Alien will ever be £4k either. Neil’s dislike of Alien has already been established so I think that colours his opinion :)

At the same time it’s obviously not a £10k game anymore, or $14k (sorry @Rav). That ship has sailed.

The OG Alien has a playfield LCD and larger backbox LCD, as well as illuminated cabinet art (not sure this is on all models) etc, so there is some value to the OG version above the remake, as opposed to CGC ones which are straight upgrades, antique/patina emotion notwithstanding. There’s still a community built up around keeping it running, that hasn’t changed with this announcement.

On the flip side it seems like they’ve re-engineered the boards (or say they have), so it doesn’t seem like OG Alien owners will be able to use this as a new source of parts. I would also be concerned that @Helmut Langenbruch is selling his, given he was part of that whole development. Maybe these OG parts are going to harder and harder to find.

I don't dislike the game (I do dislike the criminals that ripped people off in building it though!), its just nothing special from a play point of view, the rarity of this game has given it a special status mostly by people who barely played it. We've had one for two years in the club and I've played the hell out of it and from a play point of view its very average play with little shot satisfaction with a very basic ruleset that puts it at 4K for me, much better games are at this price point.

Folks are ****ting all over LZ right now and there is not a lot of difference in the rules or the play in my view (although not played LZ obvs). I totally disagree that there is more value in the OG version given the unreliability of it and the fact that the cabinet is a ****ing nightmare. If Pinball Bros put right everyone that they had put wrong such that I could look myself in the mirror and buy one I'd be buying the remake purely on the basis of the cabinet (and assuming its more reliable that the heighway uberturd).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to agree with Will, Rav is a top bloke who has done so much for the hobby. It's clear that he had expected comments on his for sale thread from people who had absolutely no intention of buying the machine, and he got them. I get his responses completely.

"come on this is a genuine sales thread" or "Please only post things relevant to the sale" is one thing... "**** you all it's on ebay sunday" is completely different....

Rav IS a top bloke, however thats not really an excuse for things going the way they did..

I have banned people for less - so it's only fair to those that have errored in their ways previously that Rav will be taking 48 hours off to chill a little... Nothing personal, however as has been said before - thie aint pinside!

I like to think we are VERY chilled and relaxed on here... We dont often close threads or ban people - and if so only for a short period to calm down.

I'll put another poll up to see if thoughts have changed...

Last edited:
This place is tame compared to UKVAC.
When I tried to sell my Namco Pac-Man Coin-Op there. - About a dozen peeps jumped in telling me to F-off because they said it wasn't a proper arcade machine.
It was only after a few Veteran guys stepped in and said it was a real PCB etc..... albeit no CRT that the dudes starting chilling TFO!
By that time I just folded my tent and moved on :)

Yeah UKVAC has some right dick heads on there. I think maybe a gentle reminder to repeat offenders in For Sales threads should suffice. This place isn't especially broken and as Neil said, easily the best place to buy and sell games. The open nature of for sales posts means the odds of a newbie buying a lemon are massively reduced. The offset is we get the odd Aliens type thread. Worth it imo.

Wouldn’t it be easy to have a click box (if the poster wants to) when posting a for sale thread that automatically locks it from any replies so all interested people have to take it to pm.
Personally the ‘pm sent’ post is a waste of time and potentially puts people off getting in contact and in many cases the machine is still for sale

Wouldn’t it be easy to have a click box (if the poster wants to) when posting a for sale thread that automatically locks it from any replies so all interested people have to take it to pm.
Personally the ‘pm sent’ post is a waste of time and potentially puts people off getting in contact and in many cases the machine is still for sale
"PM sent" should be classed as a swear word so it gets starred out. The OP knows a PM has been sent as he/she will have received a PM!

Last edited:
Well - if I have a choice of buying an Alien, I would go for one that actually exsits and is in the flesh.

@Helmut Langenbruch is a lovely bloke that probably wants to close the door on that section fo his life (as I ddi and have).

Pins are like buses - when you want a certain one, you can not find one. A few weeks later - 2 will appear.

As per values - I have a saying when it comes to guitars/records/pinballs/jukeboxes/my body.

SOMETHING IS WORTH HOWEVER MUCH SOMEONE IS PREPARED TO PAY FOR IT. No single person is the valuer for all things pinball.

We all have opinions on pricing. A few of us here remember when MM was £2K. In that era - we puffed and blew I do remember Mr @philpalmer offering me a NIB Big Bang Bar for literally a few grand - but at the time it was a lot more than a Stern (before they did the pro/premium and LE borlox).

Back
Top Bottom