What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts On Stern Transformers

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Just played one on site today for the first time and really liked it. It has some good shots and I like the lighting effects. Didn't know what the hell I was doing on it but got a few replays.
Anyone on here owned one ? What are the rules like ?

Cooldan is correct, but just to add, the wires are of a reasonable size , but the switch is a bit hidden away.
Not child friendly and should only be used within a pinball machine and not as a standalone

Only game I've ever walked away from in the Wild. Stuck £2 in. Hated it. Got a replay then a ****ing match. Walked off leaving credits on it.

Not sure why I loathed it so much but suspect it was a combination of the theme and the "greyness" of the playfield. I also dislike BSD for the colour scheme.

It would probably be the only modern pin I'd never consider owning. I'd even take 24 over it. Just found it drab and boring

I know some people love it but it's not one for me.

Only game I've ever walked away from in the Wild. Stuck £2 in. Hated it. Got a replay then a ****ing match. Walked off leaving credits on it.

Not sure why I loathed it so much but suspect it was a combination of the theme and the "greyness" of the playfield. I also dislike BSD for the colour scheme.

It would probably be the only modern pin I'd never consider owning. I'd even take 24 over it. Just found it drab and boring

I know some people love it but it's not one for me.
All games are sooooo much different in the home environment though. Put 20+ games on it, start to understand it, hear it, and it's a whole different game.

I'd give any game a chance at home.

Occasionally though it does work the other way. Loved RFM when I got to play it at shows. Bought one and discovered that at home it got old very quickly.

I'm sure Transformers is slightly better than I give it credit for. Just not a theme for me which kills it before I even start (probably would stick WOZ, WPT and anything to do with sport in a similar bracket, although for some reason I love WCS). Had zero interest in the cartoon as a kid. Believe they made one or two movies recently but haven't seen them.

Was a bit surprised that nothing on the playfield actually transformed. I would have thought the main toy would have done this as isn't that the concept of the show?

Happy to be proved wrong and maybe in a couple of years I'll be singing it's praises. Guess it's lucky we all have different tastes or the world would be a very boring place. Where are all the pins based on Drew Barrymore ROM-COM movies?

its not too bad i like it
its bloody hard though would be a great game with a bit of code work
That's what interests me Chris. I like the layout, but is the code deep enough to own one ?

i would own one for a bit had one a few weeks ago and would have liked to have kept it for a bit but sold the day after it landed to some up i wouldent have one in my collection but would buy one at right price play for a while and sell on

Believe it or not but Transformers has a very similar layout to AFM... Left loop, left ramp, left ball lock, centre shot, right captive ball (scoop on AFM), right ramp, right loop. So if you like AFM you should like Transformers...! :thumbs:

Believe it or not but Transformers has a very similar layout to AFM... Left loop, left ramp, left ball lock, centre shot, right captive ball (scoop on AFM), right ramp, right loop. So if you like AFM you should like Transformers...! :thumbs:
I do like the layout. My concern before buying one would be the software. Is it deep enough ?

Back
Top Bottom