What's new

Sold Thomas Hardy's Ale 9x Bottles

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Thought I would give it a go here as fleabay doesn't allow the sale of alchohol. If I'm breaking some sort of rule here as well let me know and I will take the ad down.

Anyhow my dad has a very collectible beer for those beer buffs among you he is looking to sell, 9 bottles of Thomas Hardy's Ale. 4 Bottles from 1984, 1 from 1985 and 4 from 1986. Brewed in Dorset by Eldridge Pope.

An empty bottle of this stuff usually sells for over £20 each but he is after £100 for the lot or sensible offers, collection from Bexhill-On-Sea. All proceeds from the sale will be going to the motor neurone disease association. PM me if interested and I can pass along his details.

i.imgur.com_5oZ6vXo.jpg

i.imgur.com_jfyLqCD.jpg

i.imgur.com_KI7wVKe.jpg

As long as you ensure that it's purchased by someone over 18, else you'll be breaking the law ;)

£20 for an empty bottle sounds a bit steep

I know, I'm not a huge beer drinker myself but apparently this is THE craft beer that all the collectors go nuts for, kind of like we go mad for Medieval Madness and BBB, or so I'm told :rofl:

I reckon you can, i'm guessing they are bottle conditioned and will continue to "develop" over the years.

I have some Fullers Vintage Ale that are a few years old, strong as fook though.

Stronger beer tends to do better with age apparently, you can't keep stuff like Stella bottled for years and expect it to be good still. It's also something to do with the bottling process, whether there is yeast in it still etc. My dad is the expert so I leave this stuff to him, but he did say if he couldn't sell it he would just drink it himself so from that I assume it is still drinkable.

Back
Top Bottom