What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale This is SpinalTap pinball pre order Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

David retro

Site Supporter
Pre order now available
Order yours now to get in the first batch of games

2 year warranty - Free delivery - and our free care kit all included

Optional hand made animated topper

Any questions please feel free to message me on here or via the website

Attachments

• 203BBC6C-E226-4907-814D-5645A2F72FAB.jpeg
    203BBC6C-E226-4907-814D-5645A2F72FAB.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
£8k for a NIB Pin in this day and age?

Wow, honestly didn't expect it to be fairly priced!

@Big Phil I remember you wanting one of these.

Are there any proper pictures or gameplay videos available? Can't seem to find much

Must be the worst week ever to start to try and sell a new pin. How much cash is left after the other reveals?

Must be the worst week ever to start to try and sell a new pin. How much cash is left after the other reveals?
I was going to say... Given the reputation Homepin has built up, I'm not sure how they expect to stay competitive in a week with reveals like this one - especially as it's retailing at a similar price to some of the other pins.

Are there any proper pictures or gameplay videos available? Can't seem to find much

Not proper but these will give you a better idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=7jPXpBLNnKI
youtube.com/watch?v=HXIsrpWPjnM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5TL4RrPKs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5TL4RrPKs

Dave - watching the last video - jeez - the LED flicker (could of course be the camera).

Amazing that there is no proper promo video.

Or lend one to a pinball you-tuber to do a proper stream.

Yeah by this point you should have proper, could even be done in the factory or a proper classic bally/williams promo video on VHS would do.

Flyer states that you could be looking at a prototype. Final product may have differences.

Holding off on code maybe for final and some light shows...

Hello Guys,

I have been trying to have a promo video made for more than six months now.

There are very few choices when it comes to making a professional video here in Taiwan. The 'locals' are far too 'Asian' in their thinking & production for my liking as well as being outrageously overpriced IMO. The couple of companies I contacted here wanted OVER US$4000 for a "less than 60 seconds" promo video.

In the end, I contracted a small start-up company run by a British ex-pat in Taipei. Still expensive BUT less than the other quotes and I feel far more comfortable dealing with a native English speaker who actually knows and understands what a pinball machine is!

I took a sample TAP machine to Taipei a month ago for C.E. testing and after the testing center was finished with it, I moved it to a British pub in Taipei where the video production company spent many hours over two days taking all sorts of stills and video.

Their work is currently being edited and shaped into the short video that I requested. I expect it to be finished any day now and I will release it through my agents for their use.

Making pinball is HARD! MUCH harder than almost everyone realises. Making a promo video is just one tiny step in a stupidly long and complex, not to mention expensive, process to bring a new machine to life.

I hope most will like the video when it's released and appreciate the work that it has taken to get the machine to this point, regardless if you want one or not.

EDIT: I notice some comments comparing TAP pricing to TAG. I can say that we lost money on every TAG we built - we were far too low with our pricing. In addition, practically every single thing has gone up in price drastically since we built TAG and, unfortunately, this is reflected in the sell price of TAP. I will add that TAG is highly sought after on the second hand market with sell prices higher than the original purchase price. I get asked weekly if we will be making more TAG.

Last edited:
Hello Guys, I have been trying to have a promo video made for more than six months now.

Making pinball is HARD! MUCH harder than almost everyone realises. Making a promo video is just one tiny step in a stupidly long and complex, not to mention expensive, process to bring a new machine to life.

Understandable, not worth it if it costs too much. I don't mind watching someone like Bowen Kerrins play / talk through a game, I think they had him in for Full Throttle, anyone that can play half decent would do it.

Sopranos. Never watched it, not my thing, photochop chops etc, it looks much worse than it actually is but when the game is setup to eat your kidneys then it looks like fun and I would like to have one.

Yeah it's difficult, I don't think many say it is easy but it's not that hard with a factory and parts, that was is hard, sourcing parts and getting rinsed on shipping.

GNR had the right idea with there promo video :D Even the PinStadium copy was quite good lol

PH lost a lot of money on every TAG as well. The last two sold for £2.2k and £2.5K.

Yes I can comment on 'how hard it is to make pinball' as Heighway lost money on every game sold. New manufacturing businesses in this game do not make money on first or second games. JJP wouldnt of shown a profit until after The Hobbit or even later.

The best thing to do is get the machine out to streamers - this guy in my opinion has done the best demo video for GTF.

GTF - American made and only £1800 more. £1000 deposit not £4K deposit for a Tiawanese game we have not seen.

PH lost a lot of money on every TAG as well. The last two sold for £2.2k and £2.5K.

Yes I can comment on 'how hard it is to make pinball' as Heighway lost money on every game sold. New manufacturing businesses in this game do not make money on first or second games. JJP wouldnt of shown a profit until after The Hobbit or even later.

The best thing to do is get the machine out to streamers - this guy in my opinion has done the best demo video for GTF.

GTF - American made and only £1800 more. £1000 deposit not £4K deposit for a Tiawanese game we have not seen.
There is a LOT more to the issues surrounding Pinball Heaven/Thunderbirds pinballs than is known. Bottom line is I had ZERO to do with selling and/or shipping them to PH.

I am not the slightest bit interested in streamers or "influences" of any flavour. We will have our own video that showcases what we have and not rely on the opinions of someone who has no investment or interest in our hard work. If people want to listen to said influencers, good luck to them.

Taiwan has a very high reputation for quality and basically the entire machine is designed by "westeners" in any case and all assembly is supervised by Australians. The product is not what some might think of as 'Asian made'. I could tell you about all the parts Stern has made in China but I wouldn't waste my time.

Regardless of what PH sold their TAG stock for, they are (rarely) changing hands these days for more than double what they "got rid" of them for. Most owners won't part with them.

There's a message there!

Really!?

Maybe spend more time building and promoting your game than commenting on a Uk forum.

You are correct about PH issues with TAG. There are plenty.

You are never wrong Mike. It is always everyone elses fault.

I am not the slightest bit interested in streamers or "influences" of any flavour. We will have our own video that showcases what we have and not rely on the opinions of someone who has no investment or interest in our hard work. If people want to listen to said influencers, good luck to them.

I've got no interest in the discussions about whether the games are any good/price etc, I'm sure it is hard to make machines and everyone has their opinion.

But not sure why you're so against getting someone known for streaming pinball involved - most of those that stream games love pinball. They don't love Stern or JJP, but enjoy playing interesting games, well made with good rules and fun shots. Also, many of them will produce better videos than getting a production house to do it because they're used to how to light, capture and show the machines in the best way possible. I dare say you could persuade someone to come and do the video for the cost of flights and accommodation, if you let them stream it as well.

If they point out valid issues (early enough) then you can change/fix things to resolve those issues. If they love the game, then they'll tell people and you'll reach a big audience.

Getting them onboard can surely only be helpful?

There is a LOT more to the issues surrounding Pinball Heaven/Thunderbirds pinballs than is known. Bottom line is I had ZERO to do with selling and/or shipping them to PH.
I'm gonna jump in here.

Homepin sold everything through an Aussie distributor (Highway games).

TAG was the worst game that mankind had known, I don't think there was anything good about it and to make it better, you've got Mike who can't stand any comments about his game, good or bad, went off like a rocket if anything was said to him. I'm still looking for some of the classic emails from him.

I'd have sold the last TAG at £1 because they were truly awful and I couldn't in good conscience sell them to someone as "a fun game".

When I fk'd off selling anymore Homepin, James at Pin Bazaar wanted to take it over when this new title was announced. I told him under no circumstances were we dealing with Homepin again.

I really feel sorry for @David retro as he probably doesn't know when he's got himself into with this! Best of luck!!!

Phil

I have locked. There are some views on here that we, as admins, can't verify as they are between different parties. It is hard to know when a conversation should run, and we should let the other side answer but it feels like it is a good time to cool this off.
Personally, I always think it is great that we have vendors, suppliers and manufacturers on this forum. Our community needs these people to exist or playing pinball is going to get much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom