What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Think I broken my vow....

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
:oops::oops: Arragh, I remember foolishly posting 7 months ago that I wasn't going to buy any pins during 2015.

Just looked back and realised that in the last 7 months I've somehow managed to buy 7 new machines without really noticing. Bugger:(

Keeping it at a rate of one a month I have to pay for MMR next month.

Worse thing is I've made a real effort not to track down anything that I want.

Please don't bring anything to the party next month to sell, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

you need to shift some of the chaff in your stable - sell STTNG, SST, DM, CP and LW3 first, then ask yourself when was the last time you played SS and WH2O next. Sell me LOTR, i have dibs on GZ .... badabing badabong you suddenly have about £16K and space for 9 new games. which is good because we both know you will be buying a GOT next, way before any MM gets R. you're an addict.

you're welcome.
gif pink lipstick.gif

If you haven't played a game in 6 months, sell it, otherwise you're a hoarder!

I'm trying to work on a 1 out, 1 in system now, I don't allow myself to buy unless I sell one first.

Oh and no more preorders, although certain events this year have made that easier, just need to get my 3 pending ones out of the way....

I seem to remember John that we all smirked at the time and told you there was no way you would make it.
I know it probably won't help much, however let me just say WE TOLD YOU SO ;)

Here endeth the lesson :D

Come on John, nobody seriously believed you, it wasn't that long ago I called round with 4 machines in the back of my van for you, that's some habit to kick! :)

Ahh, multiple deliveries are the way to make it feel less like I'm buying stuff. Martin is turning up tomorrow with two more machines for me:)

I actually feel like I've been pretty good this year. Currently only have 14 here after peaking at 21 at the start of the year

Just keep telling yourself it's not a problem and eventually you will believe it.

so if you bought 7 games in 2015, but still your head count went down by 7 ..... which 14 games did you sell?

that's what i thought. you'd better go count them again.

**** Dan, I can't even remember what I sold this year
Err, 2 x HS, 1 X FS, 1 x BF then it's getting hazy. Hmm, the ID4 I got from you and another one, a whitewater, Avatar, Ripleys . Seem to be missing 5 or so. What the hell were they?:confused: Sadly I don't think I've got a hidden stash at the bottom of the Garden. Even got Spidey back from long term loan which I had worryingly kind of forgotten about.

You know you've got a problem when someone asks what machines you've got and you need to think about it before answering and then forget one or two:oops:

Godzilla and Congo turned up today so I'm now at 16 again (I think)

Oh ****,

Just checked my signature and counted up. It's sodding 17. How can I have forgotten one already:oops:

It's kind of out of sight, out of mind. Kevin borrowed it 14 or so months before and it just slipped of my radar. I'm lucky he's honest. The first time I met him I loaded up a TOM into the back of his car and waved him off. It only occurred to me afterwards that I'd just given a bloke who I'd never previously met a machine and had no idea of his surname or where he lived.

****er bought that one back the following weekend which goes to show you can't even give a TOM away;)

I broke my vow too!
I had 2 pins and a donkey kong in the dining room.
Told the missus I'd sort out the garage and move my stuff in there.
Spent 2 weeks sorting the garage,moved 4 pins and 2 vids in there.
one in one I said.
2 weeks later there's a STTNG in the dining room :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom