What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theme Be Damned - The Shadow Is The Best WPC I’ve Owned

It is a great game, just a bit shadow

yes Shadow... :p

It’s very mode mode mode, but that is the same for most of the above. AFM aside... on this though you have the upper PF, Khan, Mongol and Shadow loops to keep you entertained.

And lots to do, light 4 letters to spell Khan, then shoot left saucer to start Khan multiball, then collect all the jackpots, then get up to the battlefield to snag the Khan super jackpot which will be moving round the battlefield! - and that’s just Khan multiball. Vengeance, Super Vengeance, Shadow m/ball, 6 ‘scenes’ to start, shadow loops, hidden laughter mode - I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow is a great player and with a scoring system that makes you think hard before tilting it. Hard to get to the wizard mode, very hard to complete the wizard mode. Three flipper games are often the best.

However, imho, pinball is about more than playing.

It is also about the look of the thing, the music, the call-outs, the theme. Shadow is very weak in all these areas.

5k 90s games like TAF, CV, MM hit all the high notes. 2k games like Shadow and Fish Tales don't.

Shadow is a great player and with a scoring system that makes you think hard before tilting it. Hard to get to the wizard mode, very hard to complete the wizard mode. Three flipper games are often the best.

However, imho, pinball is about more than playing.

It is also about the look of the thing, the music, the call-outs, the theme. Shadow is very weak in all these areas.

5k 90s games like TAF, CV, MM hit all the high notes. 2k games like Shadow and Fish Tales don't.
Wrong! the music is great! :)

FT is my most played game. I owned my Shadow for 5 yrs or so, but I still understand why they are 2k games - many folk don't rate them and would rather own a taf/ mb/ CB etc

I've played it a few times and I personally find it quite challenging. May be it's a game you need to put some miles on it to get your eye in.

As a side note I'm in the minority of those who actually like the art work.

Last edited:
I know the art on the backglass is poor, but the playfield with the artblades of the cityscape is great. Some of the callouts are cringe inducing (Maaargooo) whereas some are incredible.

I think the ball times on shadow are shorter than TWD - but then the end journey is closer too, if that makes sense.

Great pin, highly underrated..

also makes a crap film awesome when you rewatch it after playing the game for a while.
never got the hatred for the backglass, much prefer it over the aulrich version
anyone for Peking duck ?

I know, why we spend a fortune on colour dmd’s I don’t know, I guess we are pinball tarts!!!

It's ridiculous actually. Basically I'm paying £400 for the machine to look pretty whilst I watch the missus play it.

Back
Top Bottom