What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst pinball machine you can think of?

Mick On A Stick

LOL! Whoops! Spat my coffee out over my laptop laughing!

I knew someone would come to the rescue to defend The Rolling Stones and so they should! That's rightly so as we're chatting on a thread with such a contentious title ;) I think @GrizZ is right that they missed a trick with the features. Maybe Sticky-Micky does move with purpose? I'm not much of a Rolling Stones fan but I bet if I could hear the music I'd be tapping my toe as played.

It's all about personal taste and perception. Not so long ago I would have put BSD (Bram Stoker's Dracula) on the list because the one I played at UKPP2013 was awful (who have I offended now...?) but I played it again later on my visit to the Flippermuseum in Germany and it was really very, very good because it was a mint machine in perfect playing condition. @cooldan says pre-80s isn't generally his thing but generally it is mine because I love all that naff retro sci-fi and fantasy art that adorned most machines from that era. I like the X-Files too but only because Gillian Anderson makes me drool. I haven't played yet. :p

Whatever floats your boat... and I bet if Gilligan's Island and Popeye were the last two pins on earth we'd be fighting each other to take turns.

Worst of the modern era:

GI and X-Files

Nearly in with the worst:

IJ (Stern), TRS, Popeye

A thread on crap machines and no one has mentioned the horror of Monopoly or 24. Both are up there in the dreadful camp for me.

But I guess it's all down to personal taste, for me ID4 is a great machine, so much more than just the centre shot as a good score really requires the jackpot ramps etc. It's one of my go to machines when I want a quick fun blast. Sure it's shallow compared to LOTR etc but there's a lot to be said for ramps and loops.

It would be interesting to see which pinball machines were ultra unreliable. Or maybe better to say, which die more gracefully or have the least single points of failure. If you look at other complex machines, cars etc. Amount of warranty claims are always in relation to complexity. So it would be safe to assume the same for pinball.

I was just commenting on never actually seeing a fully working TZ out on the field, despite seeing many TZs.

From what I have read,Gottlieb sys 80's were a mare due to bad earthing,poor solder on the boards,poor design causing games to reset and fire coils when they should not

Tho Gottlieb sys 3 game,CBW was my most reliable by far of older games - RBION - NIB - has been great after fixing the out of box problem of the launch lane being too thin and ball getting stuck half way up on the first ever ball launch!!

Back
Top Bottom