What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weirdest fault

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
So here's the tale, finally got my DH working A1 (many hours of messing and dead boards, DMD etc) played for about 4 hours without fault but when I went to switch it on the other day I get this error message which disables the machine on start up

20151022_150519.jpg

Went into switch test, all trough board opto switches seems to check out, tried different opto boards, still no joy so had to delve deeper, I sussed that switch 31 trough board jam opto led + left slings switches etc were down, check manual, all on the same row, from this I deduced white/brown wire, used DMM to isolate the fault to loss of power at left sling switch see pic below.

20151024_140914.jpg

Wire is soldered but there is a knot in the wire which is breaking continuity, cut the knot out and re-soldered back onto the tab and voila.

So the question is, who sneaked into my lab, unsoldered the wire, put a big knot in it and soldered it back on to the tab disabling my DH? come on own up !! :mad: :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom