What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead - Drop Targets

davejuk

Registered
There is a Walking Dead (Pro I think) in the hotel I'm staying in for the next 3 weeks. we have been feeding it euros and gradually getting better but there is still a lot of aspects to it that I don't understand... a lot of it relating to the drop targets.

I understand that it cycles food, weapons and first aid and stops when you first hit one of the drop targets. I complete the drop targets to collect that item. But what does food give me vs weapons, for example? Is there no difference and I'm just trying to get all 3?

At this point I then have all the main ****s flashing and I make one to select a mode.

But if I hit a drop target instead, I can then no longer start a mode and I am then trying to complete the drop targets to start blood bath?

Quoted from a shared guide:

Drop Targets

Hitting the drop targets will freeze the currently flashing option (First Aid, Weapons, or Food). Complete the drop targets to be awarded that item.

Collecting an item will prime the location modes. Second and beyond location modes are primed by collecting 2 items.

Collect a full set to prime Blood Bath multiball (Add-a-Ball multiball mode)

Collecting Food awards:

Pro: Bonus Points added to Walker Hits during Well Walker MB

LE: Walker Bomb

Collecting Weapon awards: Crossbow shot. Shoot the right ramp to collect the crossbow shot

Collecting First Aid awards:

Pro: Bonus Points added to Jackpots during Prison MB

LE: Prison Bombs

Completing a set of drops will add time to a running Dead Feature mode.

Blood Bath
Collecting all 3 supply items mentioned above from the drop targets will prime Blood Bath. Shoot all 3 drops again to begin Blood Bath

Blood Bath Multiball is an add-a-ball mode. Starts in 2 ball mode. Complete the drop targets again to add a 3rd ball, and an additional time for a 4th ball.

All switches become worth 5,000 points. Each completion of the drop bank in place will increase this value by 1,000. Subsequent Blood Baths are activated by additional sets of targets, the number of sets required increasing each time.

Collect all supplies during multiball will award a superjackpot

I don't know why you can't start a mode if you've hit the drop targets again. Doesn't work like that on my machine but there again mine is set to Easy.

There's a very good explaination of TWD rules here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

But the basic use of the drop targets is:

1. Dropping them all enables Dead Feature modes. Depending on how the machine is set up you only have to drop them once the first time, after that you have to drop them twice to light modes.

Dropping them all during a mode extends the time for that mode.

2. Collecting all items enables Blood Bath. Dropping the targets once more starts Blood Bath.

Blood Bath is a great way to big scores, it's an add-a-ball multiball. It starts at two balls, but dropping all targets adds a ball up to 4 balls. More importantly, it restarts the ball save timer every time.

But there's more: Blood Bath can be stacked against Prison or Well Walker multi-balls,try to do this to maximize points. Plus you can and probably will start a Dead Feature mode during Blood Bath. Chuck in a Bicycle Girl mode, a Tower X2 multiplier and shot multipliers and scores rocket.

There is a Walking Dead (Pro I think) in the hotel I'm staying in for the next 3 weeks. we have been feeding it euros and gradually getting better but there is still a lot of aspects to it that I don't understand... a lot of it relating to the drop targets.

I understand that it cycles food, weapons and first aid and stops when you first hit one of the drop targets. I complete the drop targets to collect that item. But what does food give me vs weapons, for example? Is there no difference and I'm just trying to get all 3?

At this point I then have all the main ****s flashing and I make one to select a mode.

But if I hit a drop target instead, I can then no longer start a mode and I am then trying to complete the drop targets to start blood bath?

Check out bowen's tutorial on YouTube which is pretty comprehensive.

What hotel is it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think when it does that with the drops it is set to hard.

Back
Top Bottom