What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

What’s on the wall behind it mate? Phones through the ages
Yeah I had a load of old phones in a draw so rather than throw away I hot glued them on that wall, I’m always asking for old phones now😂
Gutted that I did throw a load away now.

Attachments

• 298FF688-84ED-4494-9C59-E3E5E3E88B8C.jpeg
    298FF688-84ED-4494-9C59-E3E5E3E88B8C.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 49
I doubt if it'll be back out on loan afterwards.

I hadn't looked closely enough at pictures of the bare playfield to notice that the top rollover area has mountains drawn there.

Those POPs would look great in blue
Ive not long put new white pop bodies in as I broke one in anger and someone stuck the caps down, keeping incandescent lamps in but might see if I have some of those blue condoms to see what it looks like maybe even chuck a blue led in just to see but I’m not changing those bodies again😂

The so called faded translight shows up much more detail.
It does and I was looking closely at it, the fading has brought the lines/detail out. They are the same on the new one but the darker colours muted them.
Detail is exactly the same just not as bold looking. You need to see it in the flesh really.

What can I say, it’s NOS from Mayfair and the same as a Dutch guys that has also bought one.
Looks great to me but I’m no expert on these translites.
Where did he get his from?
Also my backlight isn’t the best set up at the moment.

I'm sure John will let us know where he picked it up from.
like you say if the light in your back box could be better then that's probably why it looks darker.

Yes might be, tube was taken out and 2 bayonet fittings are on the left and right middle. I took the 2 incandesent lamps out and fitted 2 high wattage leds in which you can probably see where it’s brighter. I will be fitting some led strips in there sooner or later so it’s evenly lit. Maybe😂

Robowar is crying out for a proper mirrored back glass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine was from Marco ages ago. Does seem a bit lighter when illuminated, not much though. I have an original backbox tube in mine.
They look different, maybe yours has faded a bit or mine is a different batch or a copy. Looks original quality though.
Mine is washed out left/right middle sides due to the lamps being there. The blue is definitely different and a bit more red.
Such a great looking pin😎

Attachments

• EA1DD0BF-8355-4C4C-A492-6498B592B424.jpeg
    EA1DD0BF-8355-4C4C-A492-6498B592B424.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 717F349C-CCC8-4B44-B75A-D86BDA8C7931.png
    717F349C-CCC8-4B44-B75A-D86BDA8C7931.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 12
They look different, maybe yours has faded a bit or mine is a different batch or a copy. Looks original quality though.
Mine is washed out left/right middle sides due to the lamps being there. The blue is definitely different and a bit more red.
Such a great looking pin😎
Probably down to a different batch. Never seen any sun since the day it arrived.

Probably down to a different batch. Never seen any sun since the day it arrived.
Took mine out to have another look and held it against the light, looks better. So it would benefit from better back lighting but it does look dark when it’s not turned on.

Attachments

• 23E7242E-9100-4B6E-9E0C-40D3C0848264.jpeg
    23E7242E-9100-4B6E-9E0C-40D3C0848264.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 11
Took mine out to have another look and held it against the light, looks better. So it would benefit from better back lighting but it does look dark when it’s not turned on.
Mine is too..... get an original tube in all the way across I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom