What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Along with some lovely plastic protectors for Maiden @Colywobbles is also helping me make a custom pick guard for my bass. Several awesome samples to play with, is there no end to this mans talents?!

20201021_174722.jpg

Mine arrives today too! From pinside to avoid it breaking.....

"Definitely take it apart before installing. Three major things to check.

1) That the roller on the motor shaft is positioned correctly and that the set screw is tight. There is a great detailed post in this thread on how to check. This can cause the head not spinning/grinding issue.

2) Make sure the strap clamp holding the motor steady is tight. If it starts rotating in that clamp it can short on some screws and blowout the motor control board. This can be the cause of the head not spinning/grinding issue, and then the head not moving at all issue. At this point also check the motor position. The shaft is offset, the motor should be positioned so the roller is against the ring that rotates the head, but not so tight against it that the motor is leaning in the bracket. This is important especially if you tried out the topper and already had the motor rotating issue.

3) Check that none of the flasher lamp sockets are contacting or close to contacting the metal cover, can cause lighting issues.

All in all you are looking at about 15 mins of prevention to save a lot of potential headaches.

EDIT: Link to Yelobird's post on the motor shaft:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/22#post-5461847 "

Last edited:
It’s a cool topper! My one gripe was they put the plaque on the back so you don’t see it!

I think a code update would also be good.

Didnt realise the plaque was on the back, at least I will install the other way around now!

Yeah that’s it @Paul..

Also the picture of the sticker I sent him had serial number 50241100443

They have put 533..
I forgave the missing Germany 3 slot.. but come on...
92BAA64A-7E04-49B5-B517-FEBEE8EB4D89.jpeg

AFM- 4 Balls
Also friend pointed out that the bottom row of serial stickers are different as well!

Dave try and contact flashinstinct over on pinside I’m sure he does all the warning sign decals and his stuff is top notch!

Today may well be the greatest day in history.

A massive thank you to three absolute diamonds.

On the downside it's actually my wedding anniversary and we're going out 😡👎👎👎👎View attachment 123415View attachment 123416
It's far too dangerous to leave the house with Covid hiding around every corner. You should stay home and unbox that Avengers for the safety of everyone concerned. Morally it's the right thing to do.

It's far too dangerous to leave the house with Covid hiding around every corner. You should stay home and unbox that Avengers for the safety of everyone concerned. Morally it's the right thing to do.

Think of others . . . . . I like it 🤔

Back
Top Bottom