What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

On the subject of beer...

20210819_111346.jpg
No it's not what it looks like 😭

Pin parts from @pinballmania came in a reused Beer52 box, so as a Beer52 subscriber this upset me! I was very confused when it arrived.. I thought I'd got a free second box!

Thanks Andy for playing with my emotions. But nice to know you're a fellow Beer52 member! Good taste😉

The contents although not beer included a new shooter assembly, (and other minor parts)
For some reason I've found my shooter on Road Show to not feel smooth and almost grindy! I replaced spring, sleeve (twice!) and washers to no avail, the new shooter is totally different and a joy!
Very very weird!

Yes, I found out when I put new speakers in my IM Premium to make it like an LE that the wiring diagram was wrong and showed the + and - for the speakers wrong way round and that the audio adjustment settings were the wrong way round.
I contacted stern technical who confirmed both but obviously didn’t change anything as when I checked Stranger Things it’s exactly the same All they need to do is change the name in the settings - cabinet to backbox and backbox to cabinet, but they haven’t so just bare that in mind when dialling in the sound especially if you use the 10 band graphic lol 😂
Alright Tone,

On speakers if BOTH speakers are wired with the + and - backwards it will make zero difference. It only does if one speaker is wired in reverse. Then they go out of phase.

Audio is all alternating current so does not matter.

The software side of it is just them being idiots and copy/pasting code.

Awesome 👌 Do you think you might get any more of those printed? Big Alien fan here
Thanks Man. I was going to add it to my wifes T-Shirt shop but was worried about the potential for copyright infringement.

Are you coming to Pinfest? We'll be wearing them there so you can judge it you like them in person. if you still want one I could get another ordered.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks Man. I was going to add it to my wifes T-Shirt shop but was worried about the potential for copyright infringement.

Are you coming to Pinfest? We'll be wearing them there so you can judge it you like them in person. if you still want one I could get another ordered.

Cheers,

Scott
Hi Scott, I won't be at pinfest unfortunately (will be at a mate's wedding unfortunately).
I definitely like the shirts though ; will be at Neil's tourni next month - are you going?

Alright Tone,

On speakers if BOTH speakers are wired with the + and - backwards it will make zero difference. It only does if one speaker is wired in reverse. Then they go out of phase.

Audio is all alternating current so does not matter.

The software side of it is just them being idiots and copy/pasting code.
Thanks Phil,
I’ve since discovered that on spike 2 if you set it to the 10 band eq that they are labelled correctly.
Best rule of thumb is I adjust fade to remove the speakers I’m not adjusting and then just use my ears to dial it in, and if you’re adjusting and you can’t hear any difference then your on the wrong setting or your tone deaf and no point to adjust them anyway 😂😂😂

Hi Scott, I won't be at pinfest unfortunately (will be at a mate's wedding unfortunately).
I definitely like the shirts though ; will be at Neil's tourni next month - are you going?
I'm no pro, I don't want to embarass myself in a tournament ><

Maybe once i've built up some more skill I'll attend one.

Don't worry about building up the skill - just go, and have fun. You may surprise yourself. Even if you come last, you'll have played a host of machines & know what to expect in the future. Never forget the mantra 'aim for what's flashing'

As others have said, I'd defo recommend just putting your name down for tournaments and having a go - it'll definitely help improve your playing and more importantly you'll get to know q bunch of people in the community.
I've been to a handful now and whilst it was a but daunting at first not really knowing anyone (and not being very good - which is still te case😀), you soon get chatting to people and tournament play is so much fun; a real buzz if you manage to pull off a couple of good performances.

Re; the t-shirts, let me know if you figure something out/put them up for sale (big Alien/s fan👍🏻 )

August 8th
Screenshot_20210823-184346.png

August 23rd!

PXL_20210823_180240377.MP.jpg

Thanks very much indeed to @Solar Sailer . Managed a couple of quick games, plays absolutely superbly. Love it! Also. I've always disliked shaker motors, well, not anymore... Absolutely essential for the t-rex! Cracks me up when it stomps as he chases you. I'm so happy to have this game again.

August 8th
View attachment 145433

August 23rd!

View attachment 145436

Thanks very much indeed to @Solar Sailer . Managed a couple of quick games, plays absolutely superbly. Love it! Also. I've always disliked shaker motors, well, not anymore... Absolutely essential for the t-rex! Cracks me up when it stomps as he chases you. I'm so happy to have this game again.

Glad to see you have her now. She was my first NIB and for some reason just didn’t click. Must be my skill level[emoji2357]. I think the main reason is I wanted a wonka but couldn’t find one so bought jp2. But the need for wonka wasn’t going so I had to move on [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom