What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete The tale of the Star Trek Premium

Thanks @Den - aka Wolfgang I thought I'd give some insight into the mistakes i've made in the hopes of not repeating them myself and hopefully it helps someone else who's looking for a modern Stern and what to look out for. Prices at the moment on used pins are all over the place and this one in hidesight shoulnd't have costs me more than maybe 5.7k given all the work I had to do to get it up to scratch. Once the spring arrives I should have all issues resolved and I can finally say this machine is 'complete'.

So my spring arrived today, despite being the SKU indicated in the manual the tension on the spring was far too weak.

I decided to take the assembly off while I had things open and I found the plastic shelf that holds the drop target was snapped.

Luckily I have a neighbour with a 3D printer and got him to print out a more durable plastic piece.

PXL_20210527_170648455.jpg

The drop target now doesn't flick down due to knocks and shakes from the playfield.

I've contacted stern direct regarding the spring and they are going to send me a revision 'A' of the spring (blue). Hopefully that will solve my issue 100%

PXL_20210527_171114111.jpg

So I'm still waiting on that replacement spring. I ordered variants of the spring SKU to Marco which arrived today and no joy. Finally I adjusted the spring myself again and right now its finally reacting correctly! Its been a long journey with this pin.

I present the finished work.
PXL_20210707_123520336.MP.jpg

PXL_20210707_123717429.jpg

PXL_20210707_123527815.MP.jpg

PXL_20210707_123538217.MP.jpg

PXL_20210707_123548338.jpg

Well done mate for your perseverance, just changed an opto under the vengeance on mine - was a right pig of a job but fixed an issue that popped up recently [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Andydn and thanks again for the DMD! This pins taught me a lot about Pinball maintenance but seeing what it looks like now to what it looked before shows I've come a long way.

I'm sadly now thinking of selling it on to make way for an Alien pinball machine. I'm in two minds as I really do love this machine...

Back
Top Bottom