What's new

The sorriest machine I ever owned :)

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Just found some old pics of the first Swords Of Fury I had the 'pleasure' of owning some years ago. Without a doubt the worst condition machine I ever bought !

You might want to avert yr eyes if you are of a sensitive nature :D Enjoy !

cab3.jpg SoF 014.jpg SoF 033.jpg SoF 034.jpg SoF 016.jpg SoF 024.jpg SoF 032.jpg SoF 008.jpg SoF 009.jpg SoF 010.jpg

What happened to it? Did you shop it and make it 'mint'?

I actually toyed with the idea of trying to save the poor old fella ...then I sobered up :D

Parted out anything worth saving.

Actually most of the playfield plastics weren't too bad once cleaned - and this was before CPR had done repro - so they were sold. And the main black ramp amazingly was virtually perfect - these are almost always damaged on SOF. Some guy in the US bought all the ramps from it.

I still have the playfield in the loft - been a useful source of bits and bobs over the years. Odd screws, switch arms, brackets , wiring etc

Some die so others can live !

Can't make up my mind if I'm more shocked at the condition, or that you parted with money for it!

Yikes! Looks like a double whammy there. Not only has the cab been stored at the bottom of an ocean, but that has to be the most f*cked up system11 cpu board I have ever seen!

So a transistor shorts out? Hey dont bother replacing it, just leave the dead one in there and add some new transistors onto a piece of veroboard and hard wire the vero onto the pcb JESH

Back
Top Bottom