What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shadow -- the best film you;ve never seen

Great cheesy 90’s movie - anyone got a Phurba for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you watch it get ready to "spot the quote". All the call outs in the game make sense once you see the film. It is cheesy, but I love it!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The animations too, it’s impressive how much of the film ended up in that game. The ‘scenes’ (different game modes), the display, the art work, the music & sounds. Great game and very enjoyable movie.

Other film based games where watching the film is a great help? Goldeneye and Batman Forever, makes the modes make sense viz "Eject or Die" in GE and the video mode in BF.

I'm the secret laugh mode there's a duck. The reason is that in the comics one of his aliases was Mr Canard which is duck in French.

I'm the secret laugh mode there's a duck. The reason is that in the comics one of his aliases was Mr Canard which is duck in French.

Crikey - so glad you bought this up! If this doesn't make you smile right now, nothing will.

Here's an interesting tale that came full circle.

I saw The Shadow on tv when I was at junior school, i remember talking to friends about it, it caught my imagination with the gadgets/imagery/secret codes at that young age.
For some reason I forgot about it and in my early teens I remembered it but only bits of it, I didn't know the name of the film.

It was one of those recurring things that popped into my brain every few years and I'd try Google key words to find what the movie was. I'd try secret agent, taxi cab etc.
Never found out the name of it, it would bug the hell out of me and I'd get over it till I remembered again.

Until last year, age 33, I rediscovered pinball another lost part of my youth.
Something seemed familiar about The Shadow pinball machine after seeing it at Pinfest or Flip out and I looked the trailer up.

It was that film. How amazing to finally find the name of a movie that had been bothering me for nearly 3 decades.

Or could be that he orders Peking duck in the movie - hence the call out ‘Anyone for Peking duck’

Back
Top Bottom