What's new

Trade The Shadow (possibly)

Isaac

Registered
just wanted to pick up a few ideas here if what people would offer to trade for The shadow machine, it's in great working order, LED play field with spot lights to lighten the area up, very few wear marks, the paint above the sanctum magnet has been touched up, side decal shows some wear, but is overall in very good condition, I will maybe trade in around 2 months time if the offer is right as I have important things going on until then
Machines of interest: Tz, Af, Sttng, Simpsons pinball party Cc and ToM. Welcome to all offers would like to get a good idea
Thanks for reading,
Isaac

Last edited:
Such a great machine haha, was contemplating trading or not as there are a lot of machines I haven't tried yet

I'd imagine you''d have to add cash for any of those trades.
do what I do
Temp trades!
I have bigIans Taf for my Roadshow atm
Had JackBurtans ToM for my Wh2o last year
and
Had a Maverick for a getaway for 6 months too.

How much are theatres of magic normally?

Generally in the £2.5K to £3K range. You might want to stick up some pics of your Shadow to generate interest in some trades :thumbs:

I'll put some pictures up later. You sure? ToM looks like a great game with good artwork? :hmm:

I love TOM and live down south,

but then again i was born and brought up in Ellesmere Port ??? hmmm

very true Rude, but Tom is one i have played a fair bit and i like it :D:D, more than half i have not been able to play :oops::oops:

Have any of you ever played spp?

Yes, I hated it at first, I thought the ruleset was too deep and it was confusing trying to work out what the hell to shoot. It completely grew on me though, once you work out the basics it has a deeper ruleset that LOTR and is immensely fun. It has a lot going for it.

Debating selling the shadow and saving for a spp or Tom

If you can try and trade your Shadow for either and trade it with cash, I've been very lucky (although it is probably down to the fact I am not hugely picky about games, as long as I haven't owned it I'm generally interested) in that I've been able to trade a machine for for another machine I've wanted. You just have to be patient.

Trouble is if you sell the game and then have nothing coming in there is temptation to spend the cash on something else (although if you have the willpower to hold the cash and save, do it this way so you can just outright buy the machine you want), and then sods law the game you want comes up for sale and you can't afford it, or you trade for something you're not really bothered about and then the game you want comes along.

The only major crimp in this is game you want comes up, but they don't want your machine.

If you can try and trade your Shadow for either and trade it with cash, I've been very lucky (although it is probably down to the fact I am not hugely picky about games, as long as I haven't owned it I'm generally interested) in that I've been able to trade a machine for for another machine I've wanted. You just have to be patient.

Trouble is if you sell the game and then have nothing coming in there is temptation to spend the cash on something else (although if you have the willpower to hold the cash and save, do it this way so you can just outright buy the machine you want), and then sods law the game you want comes up for sale and you can't afford it, or you trade for something you're not really bothered about and then the game you want comes along.

The only major crimp in this is game you want comes up, but they don't want your machine.

That's exactly the problem as the machines I am looking for people don't want to let go, have the shadow or just don't want it but I'll wait 2 months post some pictures and see if there is any interest.

Shadow is a truly superb game, crippled by disgusting translite and śpeaker panel. Buy an aurich tranny and speaker panel and it takes you to another place. As a player, it is absolutely superb, and one of the very top titles imho

Temp swap would be my suggestion

Ripleys is a great game I would gladly own again. TSPP value? well I have one so slightly biased but I would put it in the same category as LOTR, infact maybe slightly higher as they rarely come up for sale while LOTR can be seen changing hands fairly regularly. Seeing as LOTR don't seem to change hands for less than 3.5k these days I would say TSPP at least that unless its beat up.

Yeah I would say at least £3500 for Simpsons unfortunately as I would love one (Kevs one would be much dearer), not sure about price for a Ripleys as they dont come up often either, but again I would love one of them also.

Played Eddies one at the welsh classic at the late great Dave Rolfes. It was the high score machine up in the Cafe at £1 a go and I still put about £20 into it even though everything else was on freeplay.:cuckoo:

my guesses -
Shadow - brilliant game, needs nothing changed imo, not even the backglass. £1000-1500
TZ - ranked top 3 in all polls, overall #1 game in the world. marmite pin. £2500-3500
AFM - my favourite. probably £3800-5000
STTNG - my first pin. nowadays £1900-2500 i guess. i paid £2800 for mine in 2009/10 as i got rinsed by a trader.
TSPP - fabulous game. £2800-3200 probably, no reason to go higher
CC - not sure on this one, pretty rare and maybe £4500 and up? not worth the hype imo
TOM - solidly top 10 in all polls, i'd guess £2700-3200 these days but maybe i'm aiming high
RBION - meh. another marmite game. probably £1500-2500 depending how keen the seller and buyer are, respectively. to me it's worth £50

don't choose based on the popularity indices though, get along to a few local meets and shows, play a game before buying it. ideally buy a game that you enjoy for its market value, as then you will always be able to move it on if you fall out of love with it or need the cash or space back. shows are the best place to buy i reckon, as you can usually knock the price down with a roll of twenties and by registering interest early - the seller will be there, and he will probably not want to take it home, so on the last half-day ......

Back
Top Bottom