What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shadow coils not working

windoesnot

Site Supporter
Alias
Ian Walmsley
Hi all

This issue just happened so before I delve far into it, thought I'd ask some advice here first.

Coils 1-7 on my Shadow have suddenly stopped working, they all share the same fuse and driver connectors (J107 & 130), however coil 8 works fine and is on the same ones. I've given all the connectors a reseat both on the boards and any molex connectors from the coils to the wiring looms. And yes the ruddy coin door is closed! :rofl:

Any suggestions, anything electrical please explain in a very basic manner as I suck at board stuff :)

Cheers

read that manual maybe wrong, found this......show 1 to 7 are on fuse 104 and does not include coil 81.jpeg

Changed F104, then they all worked so moral of the story 1, the manual is always wrong!

Went through coil test, the knocker is blowing the fuse! Moral of the story 2, always check your knockers!

Have disconnected it for now, makes sense as to why this happened, had a decent game to get a replay which fired the knocker during the last ball bonus count. Then next game, dead coils!

Not overly concerned on this as I can live without knockers (oohh err) but where am I best looking to stop it frying my fuses?

Cheers

The winding of the coil can break through the paper and contact the grounded mounting bracket.

Reactions: DRD
Back
Top Bottom