What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Office First Anniversary Celebration Tournament

Had a really enjoyable day, great venue, host, TD and company, thank you all so much.

Amazing result for Effie, very well played and I'm sure your dad is very proud! As I'd imagine Yuen is for the great play by both Michael and James - incredible for their age and defiintely the potential to be future champions and beating the best in the UK.

Well played and congrats, Yuen and Dan too.

Just wanted to add my thanks to @Hiltoncriss for hosting, and @Lecari for TDing a great competition. Also thanks to all who attended making it a very enjoyable event. Great to catch up with everyone, and there was some very impressive play - especially from the under 16s - several of whom were quite a lot of years under 16!

Congratulations to @robotgreg for yet another great performance, and @Jackpot for pushing him to the end.

Personally, after a pretty decent day, I had a couple of very ropey games towards the end - I bet no-one managed less than 315,000 on Addams Family after 2 balls (not sure how that was even possible)! :rofl:

Huge thanks to @Hiltoncriss for hosting, and @Lecari for overseeing a great competition. Ethan and I had a fantastic day, even though my limited pinball skills seemed to completely evaporate after lunch.

It was really great to see everyone and a the best way to start off the 2023 Pinball calendar :)

Congratulations to @robotgreg for yet another great win.

My very first tournament but hopefully not the last. I had a great day, met lots of great people and really enjoyed watching the (many) much better players than myself doing their thing. Wondering now if perhaps I could make space in a corner somewhere for a noisy, flashing new addition...

Many thanks to Chris and Claire and everyone else who made it such a memorable day.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments - delighted everyone enjoyed the day. Big thank you to @Hiltoncriss for hosting the event, and to Alan and Alfie for their work with Chris to keep the games in such good condition.

Congratulations to @robotgreg in first place, who played amazingly throughout the day! It was also great to have some newbies to pinball competitions too, great to see new faces and that the Office is encouraging those new to the hobby to get involved. :)

I've created an album on Google Photos, as before, with some of my photos from the day if anyone wants to add to it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jxZeN23waDCogNXp7 (I unfortunately didn't manage to get many!)

Under 16s:
1st. Effie
2nd. James and Michael (they both were on 52 points!)
3rd. Sofia

And the final standings:

1,Greg Mott
2,Yuen Aw
3,Dan Prachar
4,Effie Lewell (U16)
5,Brad Attwood
6,Pete Bennett
8,Nathan Garwood
8,Dan Lewell
8,Andy Brock
10,Michael Aw (U16)
10,James Aw (U16)
12,Jeremy Baynham
12,Conrad Chambers
14,Clive Bush
15,Reece Powell
16,Diane Bush
18,Steven Dale
18,Sofia Boudi (U16)
18,Alan Adair
20,Alfie Adair
21,Ian Clarricoats
22,Cristian Boudi
22,Martin Fox
24,Roy Smith
24,Matthew Halls
26,Claire Lickman
27,David Bowery
28,Ellie Attwood (U16)
28,Phoebe Lewell (U16)
30,Ethan Campbell (U16)
30,Jim King
32,AJ Roper
32,Andy Campbell
34,George Boudi (U16)

(Feeling very smug to be one point above @David_Vi, on a personal note, hehe)

Hope to see you all at the next one!

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments - delighted everyone enjoyed the day. Big thank you to @Hiltoncriss for hosting the event, and to Alan and Alfie for their work with Chris to keep the games in such good condition.

Congratulations to @robotgreg in first place, who played amazingly throughout the day! It was also great to have some newbies to pinball competitions too, great to see new faces and that the Office is encouraging those new to the hobby to get involved. :)

I've created an album on Google Photos, as before, with some of my photos from the day if anyone wants to add to it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jxZeN23waDCogNXp7 (I unfortunately didn't manage to get many!)

Under 16s:
1st. Effie
2nd. James and Michael (they both were on 52 points!)
3rd. Sofia

And the final standings:

1,Greg Mott
2,Yuen Aw
3,Dan Prachar
4,Effie Lewell (U16)
5,Brad Attwood
6,Pete Bennett
8,Nathan Garwood
8,Dan Lewell
8,Andy Brock
10,Michael Aw (U16)
10,James Aw (U16)
12,Jeremy Baynham
12,Conrad Chambers
14,Clive Bush
15,Reece Powell
16,Diane Bush
18,Steven Dale
18,Sofia Boudi (U16)
18,Alan Adair
20,Alfie Adair
21,Ian Clarricoats
22,Cristian Boudi
22,Martin Fox
24,Roy Smith
24,Matthew Halls
26,Claire Lickman
27,David Bowery
28,Ellie Attwood (U16)
28,Phoebe Lewell (U16)
30,Ethan Campbell (U16)
30,Jim King
32,AJ Roper
32,Andy Campbell
34,George Boudi (U16)

(Feeling very smug to be one point above @David_Vi, on a personal note, hehe)

Hope to see you all at the next one!

Could I humbly request that those who enjoyed the day/tournament at the Pinball Office help out Criss by leaving a quick review on Facebook, Trip Advisor or Google? Very few people have - It only takes 5 minutes of your time and is a really good way to help and support Criss and his venue so that he is able to continue to provide high quality Pinball for all of us and also to help bring Pinball to new people as well. He puts in so much effort for the community - I am sure he would appreciate it and it is a very small way to give something back.

Thanks everyone - have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Could I humbly request that those who enjoyed the day/tournament at the Pinball Office help out Criss by leaving a quick review on Facebook, Trip Advisor or Google? Very few people have - It only takes 5 minutes of your time and is a really good way to help and support Criss and his venue so that he is able to continue to provide high quality Pinball for all of us and also to help bring Pinball to new people as well. He puts in so much effort for the community - I am sure he would appreciate it and it is a very small way to give something back.

Yeah, good shout. I've just left Google and trip advisor reviews.

"1 star, machines are clearly faulty, my 13 year old daughter ended up beating me in the comp!!"*🤣

*not my actual review on Google or trip advisor.

Sorry that I’m coming so late with a comment, I wasn’t feeling too well so I just had to rest for a few days.

Thank you to everyone that attended and congratulations to the little champions and to the big ones as well.

I had an amazing day, a very nice, warm and friendly atmosphere.

Special thanks to my friends Alan and Alfie, they are the ones that helped me a lot during this first year. Without their help I don’t think that I would be able to still be open to the public and enjoy it in the same time. Millions of thanks guys!

Big thanks to Claire for organising it and to Dave for his support.

A special thank you to Yuen, the only one that took a few minutes away from his time to leave not one but two reviews online. I would really appreciate it if a few more people would join in.
Thank you in advance!

Hope to see you all in the next one.

Take care,
Chris

Good idea, not on FB, but have done the business on the other 2.

Incase you've not seen the results are now up on the IFPA - I think it took a little longer because of the new rules:

@StandUpAndFight - you can use this to get your IFPA profile and number, which you can attach to your Matchplay account so hopefully future tournaments won't have issues: https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=99068
That's brilliant Claire, I have linked my number and I can now see the PO tournament in my history. Many thanks!!

That's brilliant Claire, I have linked my number and I can now see the PO tournament in my history. Many thanks!!

Might have been me editing your player in the pinball office Matchplay event to have your new ifpa number earlier 😏😄

I was stumped because you said you created an account but there's only one player with your name on Matchplay (that was created when the tournament was created), you'd think there would be two requiring merging. No idea what's going on there but it's resolved 😄

Also hi! I did wonder which of the pinball office crew you were, welcome!

Might have been me editing your player in the pinball office Matchplay event to have your new ifpa number earlier 😏😄

I was stumped because you said you created an account but there's only one player with your name on Matchplay (that was created when the tournament was created), you'd think there would be two requiring merging. No idea what's going on there but it's resolved 😄

Also hi! I did wonder which of the pinball office crew you were, welcome!
Thanks Dave!

Back
Top Bottom