What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Classic Vol II @ UK Pinfest £1000 1st Place Prize

Arv

Registered
Alias
Classic_Logo.jpg

Welcome to The Pinball Classics Vol II at UK Pinfest 2022 (https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=50618)

When: Saturday-Sunday 27-28th August 2022

Qualifying: 10am - 5pm Saturday
Play-Offs: 10:30am - 1pm Sunday

Price: £15 for registration includes 5 games entry (1 game on 1 machine). After that £1 per game.

Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes - £1000 the winner, 30% for second, 20% for third & 10% for fourth of remaining prize fund.

WPPR points awarded: Yes

Tournament head: Shaun Harvey

You can pre-register for the competition by sending £15 to

Registration can still be done on the day but it would speed things up if you could use the above link.

There will be eight Classic machines available to play and you get five tickets (included in registration) to play on the machine(s) of your choice. Additional tickets are only £1 each.
  1. Andromeda - Steve Brum
  2. Sorcerer - Steve Brum
  3. Xenon - Kevlar
  4. Genie - Diane B
  5. Stargazer - Ad Jonker
  6. Locomotion - David_Vi
  7. Farfalla - Biff
  8. Centaur - Matt Vince

When qualifying ends at 5pm, the sixteen players with the top two scores on each machine will have qualified for the play-offs to be played the next day.

Only one qualification per player is allowed, so if a player has the top score on more than one machine, the machine on which they have the greatest margin of victory will be their qualifying machine and all other scores will not be counted. This will result in players in second, third or lower positions moving up to qualify for the play-offs.

In the play-offs, the sixteen qualifiers will be formed into the following:

Round 1 (16 players divided into groups of 4) (Top 2 in each group advance into next round) on 3 random machines from pool
Round 2 (8 Players divided into groups 4) (Top 2 in each group advance into next round) on 3 random machines from pool
Round 3 (4 Players into 1 group of 4) Compete for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Place on 3 random machines from pool

All games in rounds score 4,2,1,0

Last edited:
Pre-registration List

1. Shaun Harvey
2. Ailsa Clunie
3. Colin Clunie
4. Vin Jauhal
5. Ben Leigh
6. David Dutton
7. Neil McRae
8. Kris Gonzo
9. Andy Brock
10. Stewart Judson
11. Steven Dale
12. Alan Jones
13. Clare Johnson
14. Reece Powell
15. Thomas Calvert
16. David Bowery
17. Jeremy Dorling
18. Steve Pagett
19. Mark Slade
20. Yuen Aw
21. Craig Pullen
22. Dan Lewell
23. Mike Christiansen
24. Greg Mott
25. Ian Clarke
26. Gene Aw
27. Phoebe Lewell
28. Effie Lewell
29. Owen Lloyd
30. Keith Withnall
31. Nick Baxter-Sibley
32. Paul Brock

Last edited:
Shaun,
I enjoyed the classics last year but the high score format on one game is, lets say, unique.

It also means that the tournament value is low. Could you not run best 6/8 - that would give 100% TGP, given people are playing 5 games anyway the extra overhead is almost zero. Or 5/8 would give 99%, You could then also apply for IFPA Certified and given you have finals the next day you would qualify, and as long as there was enough players (I suggest there would be more interested) it would also give a 20% boost. Matchplay or DTM can run this format.

If we want to attract more folks to the show from across the world running tournaments with more WPPRs makes that interesting for them.

Cheers,
Neil.

Come on everyone - get registered for the classics! if nothing else you get to play an epic and rare game called Star Gazer!

Only two weeks left guys to pre-register.
@11. Steven Dale Can you check you amount please only looks like you've submitted £10.

Only two weeks left guys to pre-register.
@11. Steven Dale Can you check you amount please only looks like you've submitted £10.
I paid £15
Does this look ok, let me know if I need to send more 👍

Attachments

• 05BCEDC2-AA36-4101-BADD-43C55C3C37A4.png
    05BCEDC2-AA36-4101-BADD-43C55C3C37A4.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 44
Says you paid £10. Not sure where the top up goes. Best cancel it and try again with £15.

Cheers

Says you paid £10. Not sure where the top up goes. Best cancel it and try again with £15.

Cheers
i paid £30 with a £3 top up. it said you’d get the top up @Arv for your admin fees? if you didn’t get that please lmk cos that’s a con if not

Cheers
Can’t cancel, as obviously money out of bank weeks ago
when I went to pay, I just followed the prompts and donated £15
so you have £10, therefore I can just donate another £5, if need be

I've just Googled Paypal Top up - looks like the extra could be in your Paypal balance - I may be wrong, but worth checking.

It's not PayPal. It's collection pot.

PayPal stopped their fund pot thing last year unfortunately.

Sent you a pm. Don't worry it will work itself out with fees.

Can we join the tournament if we're not going to be there Sunday? We're unlikely to reach the final 16, but I'm interested in the tourney practice.

Back
Top Bottom