What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The old UK Pinball yahoo group.

replicas

Site Supporter
Alias
Nipper Pinball
Great to see the old UK pinball group getting it's busiest couple of days in a long time.
It brought back great memories of the good old days and great to see people posting that's not posted anything pinball related in years.

I get an occasional yahoo group message. Can’t reply to them though. Probably get 1 in 10 messages sent randomly coming through. Not sure why the whole system stopped working

I get an occasional yahoo group message. Can’t reply to them though. Probably get 1 in 10 messages sent randomly coming through. Not sure why the whole system stopped working
You're probably getting them all John, apart from this last week there's normally about 2 posts a month!.

It's often me who sticks with things past their best, such as the late Gsf car parts forum, but even I haven't looked at the yahoo group for ages.

I left it after whitewater-gate a few years back.

That ~£600 WhiteWater nearly broke Yahoo, which isn’t too hard given it’s made of paper mache and dried pasta.

My parents don't have the internet. No matter how many benefits i extend about it, they aren't interested - they are happy with where they are. I see Parallels here.

Omg what has happened over there - did somebody turn the lights on and wake up the dinosaurs?? 😁 😁 😁;):eek:

First pinball message group for me and was ok while it lasted but it just seemed to peter out and die. I still receive all messages but they mostly relate to those left on there so don't respond and tbh not sure if I can as yahoo messed it up a few years back.

Wow message #14 a 'stir' is now becoming a whirlpool :D

I was twenty-something when I joined that group :)

Cant remember exactly what year I joined .... but Williams had only been gone a few years o_O

I think my first post was a cry for help ....a very poorly Earthshaker, my 2nd pin. Dave Roberts was local and came to the rescue, popped round and sorted out some connectors, wiring issues. I knew little then and was in awe that he was just pulling out boards and soldering stuff. I think it was a turning point for me - and I realised this was a good hobby with a some good people, often weird people but good people :p

Cant remember exactly what year I joined .... but Williams had only been gone a few years o_O

1563961935090.png

1563962210329.png

I don't know if you were on there earlier with another user name, the history only goes back to June 2000 but the group was created in 1998.

Last edited:
Best argument against sticking with the old yahoo group was today’s post about Jurassic Park “and how does it look?” .....

Best argument against sticking with the old yahoo group was today’s post about Jurassic Park “and how does it look?” .....

I'm not sure why, Gary could have just as easily posted a one-liner here and been asked the same question and could just have easily included some pictures or a link via Yahoo.

The posts on there saying it's easy to keep up with the yahoo group posts crack me up, of course it is, there's only about 2 a month!

The posts on there saying it's easy to keep up with the yahoo group posts crack me up, of course it is, there's only about 2 a month!

I had a look again the other day.

It's still incredibly cumbersome ....it seems virtually impossible to read a thread and follow what was posted and when !?! I don't recall it being so screwy back in the day.

It's like when you go to the clunkiest website in the world to buy something and after about 30 seconds ....just go f*ck it, I don't need this anyway 🤣

I just don't understand why the handful of people who still frequent it don't just migrate over here.

I just don't understand why the handful of people who still frequent it don't just migrate over here.

I believe those who like it are using a threaded view in a mail client, it's not an awful lot different to using the new posts view here.

It works great in Gmail threaded view.

First pinball message group for me and was ok while it lasted but it just seemed to peter out and die.
Except it didn't die, there's still 2,400+ registered users, not that far off the number here. There's been more posts this month than any time in the past 4 years...who knows, it may even outlast this site! Retro is getting big now!!

I also still have an analogue phone in a drawer because, you know, those digital networks don't work up mountains and stuff, and what if there was a war?

It works great in Gmail threaded view.

Except it didn't die, there's still 2,400+ registered users, not that far off the number here. There's been more posts this month than any time in the past 4 years...who knows, it may even outlast this site! Retro is getting big now!!

I also still have an analogue phone in a drawer because, you know, those digital networks don't work up mountains and stuff, and what if there was a war?
You thinking of starting a war Phil ???

Back
Top Bottom