What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Lower playfield looks like they have put a few shots into it, but still looks a little boring.
Premium looks really good in black and white.
Does look a fun game.

Is it time to talk about the next stern yet? ?

the positive about the LE is the improved speakers...

Neil.

The sound is great. It's the first 'fun and wacky' sounding machine by Stern for a long time.
The Premium looks great with the colour inserts like Centaur but how well will you be able to see a silver ball on a silver background?

Digging the Centaur / Elektra vibe from the Premium. I wasn't a fan of the AC/DC lower playfield but this one looks more like it belongs there to the point where they took a bulldozer to the 'Borgatron 9000' Pro without it.

LE for me.. although wish the Hardware was brass..
could always get it done, but not sure about the riviting on the Zap Button plate?

Looks nice enough, not sure about the lower playfield though with the tiny balls, Stewie pinball didn't feel right ( obviously ) and wasn't fun for very long. Looks like the pro will be good enough.

Really disliking the canned studio laughter though :confused:

Whereas I like it, guess we're all different.

Some people love the premium, think it looks good but don't think I would want to own one, whereas others are loving it. Pro artwork is best by a mile

Yeah that black and white one is cool but I wouldn't want to own it personally. Think that monochrome look would get old fast, I like some colour

Never knew people were chomping at the bit for The Munsters. I remember it being on TV but don't recall it being huge to the point where I remember any of the episodes.

Would people eat up anything remotely nostalgic that Stern decide to crank out? Is it simply a case of "ooh shiny new thing" ? Were people talking about how it would be great if someone made a Munsters pin? It seems like once it was sortof announced people were falling over themselves to rave about it but before that - not a peep.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Never knew people were chomping at the bit for The Munsters. I remember it being on TV but don't recall it being huge to the point where I remember any of the episodes.

Would people eat up anything remotely nostalgic that Stern decide to crank out? Is it simply a case of "ooh shiny new thing" ? Were people talking about how it would be great if someone made a Munsters pin? It seems like once it was sortof announced people were falling over themselves to rave about it but before that - not a peep.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Agree, I can't remember the last time I saw The Munsters mentioned anywhere before Stern announced this!

I think the biggest factor is pinheads seeing this as a return to the much loved nostalgic monster/horror theme...continuing the bloodline of TAF, EATPM, SS, MB

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Agree, I can't remember the last time I saw The Munsters mentioned anywhere before Stern announced this!

I think the biggest factor is pinheads seeing this as a return to the much loved nostalgic monster/horror theme...continuing the bloodline of TAF, EATPM, SS, MB

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I think this is the first genuinly "silly" Stern pin for quite some time, and that's what I have been looking forward to. The past few years has had too many poe faced titles which take themselves a bit too seriously. AC/DC is a classic example: great game, but there's not an ounce of humour in it. Ghostbusters was an exception, and this looks like another... Hurrah for silliness! It's only pinball after all.

d8191393fc4e7da34f81bddf82bb79b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like the theme, agree with other posts that the B+W looks cool, but not for me, reminds me of space invaders. Surprised the Prem is B+W only, as the lower playfield is my fav feature and if you want coloured you are are going to have to pay top dollar for a LE. hats off to Stern for doing something different, coloured prep and B+W LE may have been a better option for its customer IMHO

Looks like the only feature missing from the Pro is the lower playfield. Stewie Pinball on Family Guy got old pretty fast for me so as nice as the B&W Premium looks I’d be going for a Pro if I was interested because £2.5k for a feature I’m not a fan of just doesn’t make sense.

Then again, the theme doesn’t do much for me so will wait to play one, but can’t say I’m too tempted at this point. I am a fan of Borg layouts though so may change my mind after getting some time in on one.

Last edited:
Looks like the only feature missing from the Pro is the lower playfield. Stewie Pinball on Family Guy got old pretty fast for me .

Agreed, the mini playfield looks great and I was initially very impressed but then realized it was the tiny flippers and tiny balls just like Stewie pinball. It just won't feel like pinball, more like an actual childrens toy.

Back
Top Bottom