What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date Start date
Yea on IMDN Pro - just checked and can get one at about £5.2k at current **** POOR exchange rate and can get it back into the UK pretty easy via work as we have a trailer going back and forth for work with commercial fridges on. HOWEVER... I would rather buy from @philpalmer because of the reputation, but £1,295 variance is a no go in terms on NIB variance.

OK you guys can ring around, i'll take 20 pro, 10 LEs. Lets get a group buy going.

It will have to be cash up front, none of this 60days melarky.

OK you guys can ring around, i'll take 20 pro, 10 LEs. Lets get a group buy going.

Isn't that the whole point though, individuals can organise it with a bit of work, but Stern are making it impossible for you to do so?

I have said it before - if you could get access to IMDN at those EU prices or even 5% more it would be a no brainer and crumbs I bet they'd shift. Surely that'd make it so much easier to site too as the ROI hurdle rate is SO SO much lower.

It was a star trek, sorry.
But after a bit of googling I see they were being sold at $5750 at launch from dealers with an average exchange rate of 1.5.
This wasn't a dig at Phil or that, simply the UK in general. When an IMDN is being sold in the US for 5700 dollars at this moment from a dealer who has, I would assume added their mark up and at the exchange rate at moment. It is basically 2k more by the time it arrives at my door.
Vat and delivery can be a right bitch

Yea on IMDN Pro - just checked and can get one at about £5.2k at current **** POOR exchange rate and can get it back into the UK pretty easy via work as we have a trailer going back and forth for work with commercial fridges on. HOWEVER... I would rather buy from @philpalmer because of the reputation, but £1,295 variance is a no go in terms on NIB variance.

Plenty of couriers do delivery for about 160quid from Europe if the work thing didn't work out.
It's crazy. I sent a box of games to France once and it cost me about 55quid with royal mail. I was able to get an arcade machine from the same town to me for 130quid.

Maybe neil can take the price issue up with Gary Doug and Jon from electrocoin at the aeg in a few weeks good luck with that

Don’t forget what Pinball heaven also contributes to pinball events throughout the uk lending and even unboxing machines at his cost how many new titles where at pinfest last year and he still contributes financially too
Or the shine comp at tilt on ph machines I am sure it’s more financially viable just to open as normal let’s see if the European distributors will offer this support
When people at flipout are asking to borrow the latest game from electrocoin and jon is nice enough to lend it maybe he will just say no next time I think there has to be a bit of give and take on this

Maybe neil can take the price issue up with Gary Doug and Jon from electrocoin at the aeg in a few weeks good luck with that

Don’t forget what Pinball heaven also contributes to pinball events throughout the uk lending and even unboxing machines at his cost how many new titles where at pinfest last year and he still contributes financially too
Or the shine comp at tilt on ph machines I am sure it’s more financially viable just to open as normal let’s see if the European distributors will offer this support
When people at flipout are asking to borrow the latest game from electrocoin and jon is nice enough to lend it maybe he will just say no next time I think there has to be a bit of give and take on this

TBH most of us on here whittling on about NIB prices are unlikely to ever be buying a NIB game anyway .....from anybody :D Its all just chit chat. They passed my comfort price a long time ago so it almost doesn't matter that I could *maybe* get one at 1K less from wherever , it's still beyond what I'm comfortable with..........it's nice to dream though :)

Chris
I already mentioned it to Doug in Chicago, and happy to tell John that some folks have started to and will continue to import machines if the price continues to rise, “I’ll look at the whites of his eyes!” as I do it!

Just had a friendly word with an expert on competition law and he’s amazed any company would even contemplate restricting cross border sales in the EU. The fines are up to 30% of total revenue!

Nobody is having a go at anyone as we don’t know who is casing the prices to be so eye wateringly high compared to Europe.

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There's a whole lot of truth in that statement. Bought NIB six times over the past six years, four times from Phil, and I'd be very hesitant to order from anyone else again. The two I didn't buy from Phil were only because he wasn't selling them at the time - and one of those (TNA) he got shipped over with his sample games which he absolutely didn't need to do making everything so much easier. Not to mention the lineup at Tilt which makes it possible for many of us to try the new games as soon as they land in the UK.

With prices as they are I'm finding it harder and harder to justify NIB, but that isn't his fault - and if and when I do decide to buy NIB in the future he has my custom every time.

I already mentioned it to Doug in Chicago, and happy to tell John that some folks have started to and will continue to import machines if the price continues to rise, “I’ll look at the whites of his eyes!” as I do it!

I personally wouldn't import from Europe - I'm just unlikely to buy NIB at all with the direction prices are going, and I was buying around one a year previously. Stern must be losing fairly regular customers with the continued price increases.

Echo what Guy has said - I’ve had great service from Phil and I’ve bought atleast 6 games from him also and had a lot of help when it wasn’t required by him (and you Chris) to provide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry so I’m guessing what’s happening is PH has to buy from EC but EU distributors buy direct from Stern so no double mark-up? From a simplistic view I can get why Stern would want to do so if the U.K. wasn’t a big enough market - but surely as a country we take a fair ol’ amount of NIB’s?

As many have said a £10K NIB. Good god but someone will buy it.

Sort of but either EC are paying more than the EU distributors or they are just adding a massive margin for doing nothing whatsoever. I can't buy at the EU prices but I don't want to **** around importing either.

We dont take many games in the UK... dont know where you got the idea we did, unless you think 30-50 units of each model is a lot?

Sort of but either EC are paying more than the EU distributors or they are just adding a massive margin for doing nothing whatsoever. I can't buy at the EU prices but I don't want to **** around importing either.

We dont take many games in the UK... dont know where you got the idea we did, unless you think 30-50 units of each model is a lot?

Who knows hey - I DO think that 30 - 50 units of each model is a lot... What do you think the EU guys are taking in a country like Germany or France?

Shame they make such good games - I would really like Homepin to do well, said it before, said it again - if they smash pin 2 - I could buy that as a NIB.

JJP and CGC have a lot more going on, but are just too much again; that's their thing, "boutique" if you will, but I am not their NIB customer either.

Yes - ok, those sort of numbers have actually shocked me.

Those nice guys at JJP / CGC are much nicer.

That may well be true, but I own MM and I've had AFM and MB in the past - and a POTCLE is still £9,495! Also, one thing that Stern are doing right from my admittedly biased POV is making it easier to remove the backbox which I need to do to get machines in and out. Batman 66 was incredibly easy, but with Dialed In I'd need to get the soldering iron out... bit of a deal breaker for me if I'm honest.

If they were half the price they'd sell 3x as many.

I don't think they'd even need to go that low. I was buying one a year when premiums/LE were approx £6-7k - not anymore.

My money is on EC who are probably coining it in.. especially if ‘we’ mere mortals can buy from the EU at less than Phil can!!

This is my woefully uneducated guess too. I still don't understand why Stern won't sell to Phil directly, especially as they're guests at his booth at AEG. Aren't Electrocoin also exhibiting?

On a related note, the ever increasing costs of new machines is the reason I truly hope Deeproot manage to shock us all and deliver fully featured games at a significantly lower price point - it could really shake up the market if they succeed. I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love to see someone really give Stern some trouble.

MUNSTERS LE will be my last ☹️

Dave, I have to ask - why the LE when we don't even know what they look like yet? I'm a sucker for a fully featured game but at the prices we're looking at now I can't understand why anyone would go for a LE over a Premium given that they're hardly collectable considering the numbers produced. Same question to you @Neil McRae!

Back
Top Bottom